Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

So Darwin nunez wouldn’t be an improvement on watkins and ings

Ill wait👍🏽

why couldn’t we sign a 40m plus striker if Newcastle bought joelinton for 40 million and we just signed a player who really is worth above £40 million in phillipe coutinho so dont undermine what players would come through the doors at our club because they can

We're not/any club is not getting Nunez for £40m. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How are those players working out for them, mate?

Ollie and Ings haven't exactly been setting the world on fire with their play this season either.

Hence we are probably looking for a striker.

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

So Darwin nunez wouldn’t be an improvement on watkins and ings

Ill wait👍🏽

why couldn’t we sign a 40m plus striker if Newcastle bought joelinton for 40 million and we just signed a player who really is worth above £40 million in phillipe coutinho so dont undermine what players would come through the doors at our club because they can

How drunk are you?

• Haha 2

My guess is this window is too soon to sign another striker given we need more defensive minded players for big £££ this window. I reckon Archer will be given  a chance until January, he could be a revelation.

33 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

6j7ciu.jpg

There are almost always signing on fees for players whether the selling club gets a fee or not.  Yes, free transfers get a huge signing on fee compared but I bet it’s nowhere near his value and still a bargain in answer to the comment I responded to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The transfer window SLAMS OPEN!!!

I watched a chump on sky sports say it was open two days ago when he was doing that thing when they talk for 4 minutes and don't say anything.

Wally.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

There are almost always signing on fees for players whether the selling club gets a fee or not.  Yes, free transfers get a huge signing on fee compared but I bet it’s nowhere near his value and still a bargain in answer to the comment I responded to.

I don't think is as much of a bargain as you think. 

There would have been many other teams trying to sign him and so we would have had to be at the top of those offers.

If he would be worth 40m at a team, then that's what his agent would be looking for.

The savings you make from a free transfer is the difference between that players market value and the extra money the team would look for if he was contracted. I.e JWP on a free would have been cheaper than what Southampton were pushing for.

Your giving ruthless agents a disservice if you think they aren't getting very close to a players market value for their player on a free

With Ings, Watkins and Archer we have *decent* striker options but that could always be improved upon. Therefore, I imagine the club are shopping around for a opportune good deal rather than actively targeting the position as a priority. The central midfielder position is the role I think we are targeting heavily as it is much more of a priority to me. 

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

My guess is this window is too soon to sign another striker given we need more defensive minded players for big £££ this window. I reckon Archer will be given  a chance until January, he could be a revelation.

I was of the firm belief we need another striker this window, but the more i think about it the more I am coming to your way of thinking. I just can't see us being able to improve on what we have with the budget we are discussing. Unless we can get @RicRic in to the recruitment team and bring in Nunez for 40m

• Like 2