Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Villa are also chasing another central midfielder and a forward, with boss Steven Gerrard keen to have both deals done before the players return for pre-season in July.

Just now, useless said:

Villa are also chasing another central midfielder and a forward, with boss Steven Gerrard keen to have both deals done before the players return for pre-season in July.

Yep.

Full article here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10896347/Newcastle-set-sign-Matt-Targett-permanent-deal-worth-15m.html

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Reckon we are probably done this window which is why everyone has gone on holiday now for a month, ready to come back in July for the pre season in Australia. A few more outgoings hopefully and then onto the season we go! 

You could be right but I doubt it. Midfield still weak for a start. Nobody can bank on Kamara adapting instantly.

Also we keep hearing about our project and ambitions that the likes of Kamara and Carlos were sold on (yes I know and the £££). It would be pretty weak if they were the project. 
I guess 3 more incomings including the back up left back.

Outgoings- Davis, Trez, Guilbert. Plus one of Sanson, El Ghazi and Traore.

The transfer window opens in just two days time. To conclude that Villa have no further interest in the window is extremely premature.

I think for the first time in years we have players that other clubs will be willing to pay decent money for, so I expect our focus to be on selling decent players who don't fit Gerrard's requirements.

Traore, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Nakamba, Guilbert, Sanson, Davis, Hause etc will probably not be in Gerrard's thoughts for next season, and even Ings and Luiz may well attract offers that we wouldn't refuse.

That's a possible ten players who have sales potential .... I can't remember a similar situation for Villa at the beginning of a Summer transfer window.

If Villa sell several of these fringe players plus either Ings or Luiz, then that generates a fair bit of cash and frees up places for more suitable "Gerrard" type signings.

With five subs allowed next season we're going to need the right kind of players on the pitch in each position and players with similar attributes on the bench. We need to remove the "soft underbelly" that has held us back previously.

53 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

She's fairly accurate with transfer news, I'm sure she was one of the first that knew about the Coutinho deal?

Anyway Sangare would be a good signing but with Chelsea looking to spend a lot on revamping their squad, if they want him he'll likely pick them.

Sorry, which Sangaré is this now? Is this the eternal Sangaré, the one we're always linked with, or just some other bloke?

I can't keep up with them all.

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

Sorry, which Sangaré is this now? Is this the eternal Sangaré, the one we're always linked with, or just some other bloke?

I can't keep up with them all.

Based on that article, I would guess it's the one from PSV who is called Ibrahim Sangare. 

• Like 1

"keen to have  deals done before the players return for pre-season"

How many times have we heard this spouted in the summer windows?

We've done well with our pre-window business while everyone else was apparently asleep, but I'll be surprised if we get many others in  early.

5 minutes ago, BigJim said:

"keen to have  deals done before the players return for pre-season"

How many times have we heard this spouted in the summer windows?

We've done well with our pre-window business while everyone else was apparently asleep, but I'll be surprised if we get many others in  early.

The ideal would to get signings in time for the Australia preseason. 

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

He could have a Martin Laursen type of turnaround in regards to his health, he's a very talented player I'm just a bit cautious. It also could be a case that his body can't adapt to Bayern's training methods, I'm sure their training methods are very intense. Not everyones bodies can handle that much, Dembele is a good example and eventually they changed his routine and for the second half of the season he played in a lot of Barca's games.

Very fair post, have to be honest I knew he was injury prone but I actually didn't realise how much it's been the case since he ruptured his cruciate a few years ago. Not that it's even a realistic signing but definitely makes it less of a great idea than I initially thought.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Well yes, but is he the one we’ve been linked to seemingly every transfer window?

I don't think we are linked to him every window. It's more like the people on this forum keep mentioning that we should go for him every window.