Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

for me:

• new DC (Caleta-Car, ?, etc)
  • new DM (6) (Phillips, Kondogbia, etc)
  • new MC (8) (Bissouma, Gallagher, etc)
  • new ST (who knows.....but i think we are lacking true pace and power up front)

image.png.35ab50a416d349e8281f9f67e6d72da8.png

Weren't we linked with Gabriel Barbosa? He has a decent record in Brazil, and the most valuable player in Brazilian Serie A according to the below link:

Weekly Post 379 (football-observatory.com)

16 hours ago, Xela said:

30 and declining - just the type of player Gerrard likes ;)

He was a fantastic player, but after his exploits at Everton, I can't see anyone in the PL being prepared to pay the sort of wages he would still think that he's worth and certainly not SG. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

This summer, I'd like;

The new Martin Laursen/Olof Mellberg

The new Gareth Barry (CDM version)

Jarrod Bowen from Hull for £18m

Somethin like that, y'know.

A lot of us wanted Bowen before he went to West Ham, but that bird has flown now. I agree 100% with the other names, all we need is to find a time machine of some sort. If for some reason we were looking for another wide player, the one below, that I think that we were once linked with (I may be wrong), might now really see a move to us as being a really big step up:D:

Norwich City: Milot Rashica on his Premier League dream | The Pink Un

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

A lot of us wanted Bowen before he went to West Ham, but that bird has flown now. I agree 100% with the other names, all we need is to find a time machine of some sort. If for some reason we were looking for another wide player, the one below, that I think that we were once linked with (I may be wrong), might now really see a move to us as being a really big step up:D:

not another 300 pages😀

• Haha 1

I think we have to be careful in appraising " Moments " players.

Players who have great moments,in games,  but no consistency.

We see great goals or great passing moments, but when we buy them or study them closely, they are no better than what we already have...(just generalising)

We need players who can be effective for the majority of the game.....then and only then, can we expect 90 minutes performance as opposed to 45 minutes.

Over the years we have been too quick to be seduced, by the odd moment in a game....and neglected the less flamboyant, but solid, consistent performers.

as a random example....would we have ever bought Jordan Henderson from Sunderland?....would we ever have signed Declan Rice from Chelsea?, only since his raised profile, do we get interested, then its expensive.....have we ever tried for Jude Bellingham, when he was at Blues?

These kind of players, have rarely caught our eye, and yet they are central to consistency.....this is the element we must find if we have aspirations of European football.

I think we have much to learn in recruitment......just hoping this summer, challenges my view.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If FIFA is to believed 👀 , he's rated the same as Ollie but is 21 I think? And ceiling is a bit higher.

On a serious note though I think he's probably a better all round footballer, whether that would translate to being as effective as Ollie is another thing altogether.

In honesty, I just put the name out there as an example hoping to get suggestions.

Firminho?

He'd be a good signing but he hasn't scored in 18 games in Ligue Un. Saw an article couple days ago that said he's at risk of having to stay at Lille a further year as his form may be putting off the bigger clubs that would've been interested.

Suppose that means there's value in it for us maybe. But taking an out of form striker in Ligue Un and hoping he's going to smash the Premier League for us next year whilst selling aplayer we've put 2 years into seems a risk.

If we had them both... Great. Play whichever is in form and eventually Jo David will probably be the better player

1 hour ago, TRO said:

as a random example....would we have ever bought Jordan Henderson from Sunderland?....would we ever have signed Declan Rice from Chelsea?, only since his raised profile, do we get interested, then its expensive.....have we ever tried for Jude Bellingham, when he was at Blues?

not really sure what you mean here. Rice joined the West Ham academy at 14 after being released by Chelsea. No clue why you use Bellingham as there’s no chance sha would’ve sold him to us & no chance he’d want to come to us as a boyhood sha fan.

• Like 1

ASTON VILLA WANT TO SIGN RB LEIPZIG’S KONRAD LAIMER

90Min report that Villa are in the race to sign Laimer this summer despite interest from perceivably loftier clubs.

It’s stated that Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur all fancy signing Laimer.

Yet Villa are right there in the mix too and have been making checks on the Austrian star ahead of the summer window.

Laimer is out of contract in 2023 and Leipzig may choose to sell now rather than see him leave for nothing in a year.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/12/aston-villa-want-to-sign-rb-leipzig-konrad-laimer-steven-gerrard/

Laimer? I pull up look at his playing style on YouTube and look at stats etc. 

So far Look good but I want..... who play at "CENTRAL AKA "MIDDLE" AREA" Defensive midfield not RCM / LCM! Please just CDM; Because This happen goal last Tuesday, most of match when we don't have Marvellous in this roles (or Chamber / Tim I) this reason we cons the goal. Luiz not suitable this roles we need find proper natural CDM.

where he most play in "RCM" But we have Ramsey or Luiz, Sanson in there well stock in this dept.

we need other "LCM" where McGinn sole roles, we need go find Left Centre Midfield (left foot) and show McGinn he is not automatic and stay in pitch, not sub even he is play bad form and still pick in XI every week in and out. When he is good form and play advanced he much better same as Luiz.

Laimer would be an excellent signing, especially with his attitude and work rate.

He’ll end up at Bayern though I imagine. Can’t see him coming to us. 

That said…”The way he (Gerrard) played football, displaying such passion and emotion – I’ve always identified with him,” Laimer said in 2018.

👀

Edited by Delphinho123

Striker + CDM, LCH Back up (Mings need plays as he is capt and better voice and leader on the pitch) Three of them is "TOP" Priority List - totally 90 millions ish,

That, we need look at LCM (First choice or Back up), LB Back up to Dignes, GK Back up, as if Olsen not join full time, if we sold players use this fund to buy them

That all we need, We will good enough until Jan so review what we need ?

Possible RCM to upgrade (Need find player that can big upgrade over Ramsey / Luiz / Sanson) that might next top of list next transfer windows and RCH to replace if Konsa still playing poor form. (we hope he find good form)

7 hours ago, John said:

I take satisfaction calling out Rashica for not being Premier League quality when we were in for him (I watched him at Werder Bremen). Even Norwich fans now see he is not good enough. Rashica would be a step down from El Ghazi.