Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

clearly not good enough for Villa then.

Just like Digne & Coutinho.

mate.

Random addition to this.

Sure I saw something today claiming Marseille are interested in taking Sanson back.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Random addition to this.

Sure I saw something today claiming Marseille are interested in taking Sanson back.

p/x for another one of their talents?!?

20 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think we should be looking at bringing in Manchester Unites defender Will Fish.

Any thoughts?

Dunno sounds fishy to me

Edited by paul514

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think we should be looking at bringing in Manchester Unites defender Will Fish.

Any thoughts?

image.png.9b18f0d7205d7f7902ffd8f73b1fb3d6.png

You talkin' to me!?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Any thoughts?

Should be o-fish-al soon.

Spotted this in the article. Hopefully this might calm some nerves about us being after pensioners?

At 29, Kondogbia is the most senior player on Villa’s list, but Atletico aren’t keen to sell him. According to Mundo Deportivo, Kondogbia’s preference is to remain with Atletico.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Spotted this in the article. Hopefully this might calm some nerves about us being after pensioners?

So they don’t want to sell him and he would prefer to stay there…Sounds like we’re going to assist in someone else’s contract negotiations with their existing club. Let’s do this every transfer window, it’s such fun.

April could be the worst time to play badly if you want to attract players, a lot of decisions about next seasons are probably made then. If we had been able to extend that winning run a little we would be in a much better position ahead of the summer window IMO.

Guardian today write about an uncertain summer coming up for Villa, unclear if they're alluding to transfers or Gerrard's future. They also mention Villa trying to "act like a big club" last summer trying to sign Smith-Rowe.

"If Dean Smith was less polite and less of an Aston Villa fan, he might reasonably suggest that his sacking and replacement by Steven Gerrard has not gone well – though his time at Norwich, who he has been unable to rescue, does not prove that the Villa hierarchy necessarily got things wrong."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/apr/29/premier-league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

10 minutes ago, John said:

That Daichi Kamada looked very good for Eintracht last night, if we were looking for an attacking midfielder, which I guess we aren't. 

Was a few on here who wanted him last summer even before the Grealish sale

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, John said:

That Daichi Kamada looked very good for Eintracht last night, if we were looking for an attacking midfielder, which I guess we aren't. 

Apart from being a very good player he would also bring in a whole new Japanese fanbase to help with business. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was a few on here who wanted him last summer even before the Grealish sale

yeah i was one of em.

partly for his talent, partly for the huge, huge Japanese market access.....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, John said:

Yeah was a very popular option last year, kind of fell off when we went Buendia and Bailey instead, then Coutinho. He'd be a good signing but can't see us moving for another attacking mid unless we lose out on Coutinho some how

He didn't play last night due to injury but I desperately want their CB Evan Ndicka. Linked to Newcastle but as a LCB imagine they'll only go for him if they can't get Botman. Either of those two would be superb for us.

• Like 1

I assume Nkunku is well and truly out of our grasp now?

He's had a fantastic season, played as more of a striker this year too rather than as an attacking midfielder. A lot of goals and assists. 7 CL goals too. He'd be an incredible signing from Leipzig but I imagine he'd have been a big stretch for us anyway even before this season.

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

So they don’t want to sell him and he would prefer to stay there…Sounds like we’re going to assist in someone else’s contract negotiations with their existing club. Let’s do this every transfer window, it’s such fun.

Possibly.

However, apparently they want Kamara as well, possibly a domino effect and transfer merry go round?

Will he want to stay if he end up being behind Kamara?

I reckon to be fair, he might just be on a shortlist.