Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fun and jokes aside, would anyone actually have Henderson as a " leader " in the summer 🤔

Hell yes, still think he’s a great player and leader . While ageing I think there is no way Klopp let’s him go yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fun and jokes aside, would anyone actually have Henderson as a " leader " in the summer 🤔

Yes and I think he is the type of Captain that Gerrard has been hinting at, his discipline and know how would help our cause and the kids coming through considerably. Apart from that egotistical snatch the ball to take that missed (good, haha) England penalty, I'd say he's a model pro that would bring enough to make it a good move. Depends on what he wants, I'd say plop would rather keep him a little longer but how involved will he be.

• Like 2

spacer.png

FBRef reads like a disaster but his WhoScored page looks more promising:

6.73 average rating in all comps.

Aerial Duels:  V. strong,

Concentration: Strong

But Tackling: Weak.

I'm going to go ahead and assume not many have seen him play live unless we have some Turkish Football fans?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm fairly convinced we will buy Joe Gomez in the summer and I doubt we will buy another CB after that but who knows.

Why are you fairly convinced? I’ve seen him linked a couple of times but that’s about it.

• Like 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Why are you fairly convinced? I’ve seen him linked a couple of times but that’s about it.

Just feels like the stars are aligning for that deal. Don't have any insight or anything, just think it will happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Maybe we need more players with villainous names. Mings, McGinn and Watkins are too friendly sounding. Gravenberch, Scamacca and Sinisterra strike terror from the moment your eyes hit the team sheet.

This made me laugh more then it should have, good post Sir.

6 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Maybe we need more players with villainous names. Mings, McGinn and Watkins are too friendly sounding. Gravenberch, Scamacca and Sinisterra strike terror from the moment your eyes hit the team sheet.

Sinisterra was class for my Villa FM side, often played him ahead of Jack who I'd managed to keep

1 hour ago, sne said:

I'm fairly convinced we will buy Joe Gomez in the summer and I doubt we will buy another CB after that but who knows.

I kind of think we'd need another if we signed Gomez. He'd be such an unknown quantity in terms of an upgrade because of his long route back from injury.

If he gets back to where he was, he's a step up on 2022 Konsa but as it stands he's probably a great competitor for him, with either able to win the starting slot.

Don't think you can play them together. And so there would be a genuine case for our best starting partnership being Mings-Konsa again (Although unlikely as id be playing Chambers now tbh but let's assume it's a big dip for Konsa that he'll snap out of)

I can't see that being an acceptable position for Gerrard. I think Mings will be phased out and a replacement for him will be signed and Gomez ain't that guy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I kind of think we'd need another if we signed Gomez. He'd be such an unknown quantity in terms of an upgrade because of his long route back from injury.

If he gets back to where he was, he's a step up on 2022 Konsa but as it stands he's probably a great competitor for him, with either able to win the starting slot.

Don't think you can play them together. And so there would be a genuine case for our best starting partnership being Mings-Konsa again (Although unlikely as id be playing Chambers now tbh but let's assume it's a big dip for Konsa that he'll snap out of)

I can't see that being an acceptable position for Gerrard. I think Mings will be phased out and a replacement for him will be signed and Gomez ain't that guy.

Gomez would not be the one I'd go for for the stated reasons but suspect the club will. I think he'd cost at least £20m and likely closer to £30m so not sure the club would spend on another CB too. But there is always the out of contract guys like Tarkowski I guess.

All speculation of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Someone seems desperate to sell us a CB from the Turkish league :D 

Guess Luyindama,  Domagoj Vida and Szalai didn't come off so now it's on to Victor Nelsson

Exactly.