Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

51 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I don’t think any footballer would turn down 40m over 3 or 4 years.  Enjoying football or not.  Im sure he would enjoy it at Newcastle with top players around him that they are going to inevitably buy.

And we aren’t? 

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And we aren’t? 

Rightly or wrongly there's a big perception difference between us and Newcastle and the 'projects' at each club.

I think Coutinho comes to us over them thanks to Gerrard but for others we are going to struggle Vs them all summer unless we are quicker off the mark and get deals done quickly or happen to have different targets

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

And we aren’t? 

We won’t pay 400k.  Newcastle will.  Hence why he would get 40m more over 4 years with them if we pay 200k.  No footballer would turn that down 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we get the wrong result against Leicester, I'm going into hiding until the window opens 😂

If that happens, Deano can really cause some trouble on his return. 

Burnley 2 points behind us if they beat us twice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If that happens, Deano can really cause some trouble on his return. 

Burnley 2 points behind us if they beat us twice.

We should have enough points already but one win will seal it.

The fact we have this few points is basically a joke.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We should have enough points already but one win will seal it.

The fact we have this few points is basically a joke.

This time last season we were on 44 points and Grealish had missed the previous 9 games

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This time last season we were on 44 points and Grealish had missed the previous 9 games

We had half of those by game 12 of the season and Smith had barely had to change his starting line up in that time. We had less than 1ppg after 11 games when Gerrard took over.

Gerrard has taken more points in games 12-31 than Smith did in the same time frame last season and I expect Gerrard has had to change up his starting XI as much as Smith did.

Gerrard has also taken 5 more points from the like-for-like games compared to last season.

• Like 2

I must be honest.....I know in my own mind what I think we need, but as far as recruitment is concerned, I have no idea.

I am clear in my own mind, what I am, ( don't be tempted) I am a supporter, I go to every home game....but I am not a scout, and do no possess their skill set.

Am I confident of taking a player out of one team and putting it ours....No...and for the fee's involved, I would have sleepless nights thinking about it.

£50 mill.....I would faint at the responsibility and implications of it going wrong.

So, I will spend little time speculating, as I simply don't know enough about the players, we require , particularly the continental ones.

I believe I know WHAT we need, but not WHO we need...I'll leave that to the club.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

We won’t pay 400k.  Newcastle will.  Hence why he would get 40m more over 4 years with them if we pay 200k.  No footballer would turn that down 

Newcastle aren’t paying anyone £400k either though. Hence why they’ve been so desperate in the market. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Cavani on a one year deal?

Not for me. Too injury prone. Rather Suarez if we're going down that path. 

• Like 2