Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Based on Liverpools frankly excellent record at selling players it won't be a deal that lands even close to being on villas side of good

A 5th choice, injury prone , CB - who is pally with our current manager .  .....what could possibly go wrong ? 🤣

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Brewster, ibe, solanke, the keeper they sold to Leicester, wilson to fulham, £28m for sakho to Palace 

Liverpool are the best team in the league at selling their players imo 

The first three aren’t really comparable to Gomez though. They were young players sold when Liverpool don’t really need to sell, they were overpriced and had buy back clauses in case they came good.

Gomez is an injury prone fourth choice centre back. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

A 5th choice, injury prone , CB - who is pally with our current manager .  .....what could possibly go wrong ? 🤣

How are they ‘pally’ as you call it? Gerrard had left Liverpool the season before Gomez was signed. I can’t imagine that Gerrard would’ve had much to do with first team players when he was u-18’s manager, I’m sure their paths obviously crossed but to say they are in any way close is a massive stretch imo. Unless there is some other link that I’m missing?

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Is it conceivable that we have upwards of 170m to spend, dependent on outgoing fees?

i think its conceivable we have 200m to spend "IF" we have a lot of outgoings and we want to spend big on top of that.

Whether we do though, is another matter entirely i suppose?

this is a quick table i did (just an outline of possibles):

image.png.f14120f41da9620480931704130c4f03.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Is it conceivable that we have upwards of 170m to spend, dependent on outgoing fees?

Looks like we’re going to retain our place in the top 10 biggest spenders in Europe without actually being in Europe.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Looks like we’re going to retain our place in the top 10 biggest spenders in Europe without actually being in Europe.

Imagine after all this build up plus Purslow saying it’s going to be a big summer and the expectation around Gerrard’s signings and we end up with the board giving us very little budget with most of it spent signing Coutinho permanently.  We end up not selling much in terms of players for whatever reason(s).  I doubt it’s likely but buying Coutinho and let’s say a £25m player, that’s still £60m spent.

Edited by nick76
  • Sad 1

Just seen this...

Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard and officials have and an eye on Borussia Mönchengladbach centre back Matthias Ginter. The club have spoken to his management team. But Ginter has not made a decision yet. He waits for other options. Sky Germany 👀

Not 35... with an 85 million transfer fee and 400 k per week wages, so I call bullshit.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

How do you get to be a full German international with 46 caps and I haven't heard of you?

I think I need a newer version of FM.

You don't remember his dortmund days?! 

Played a lot at RB rather than CB and  ow he's moved back in to the middle 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I'd much rather we cash in on Watkins and McGinn than Bailey and Sanson. 

McGinn yes definitely.

Watkins however has played 28 PL games, 8 goals, 1 assist and 2 big chances created (this season).

If we let a forward go it should be Ings, he's been woeful recently and his legs have gone.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
Spelling
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

McGinn yes definitely.

Watkins however has played 28 PL games, 8 goals, 1 assist and 2 big chances created (this season).

If we let a forward go it should be Ings, he's been woeful recently and his legs have gone.

personally, im not sure Watkins or Ings suit the Gerrard system.

I would prob consider bagging them both off tbh, then buying one striker who really suits the system Gerrard wants to play.

Smart money is on Ginter going to Inter Milan.

He's also been wildly inconsistent in a team that's been grading on a sharp downward curve for well over a year now. Could maybe buy that, like some of the team he's mentally checked out after the Rose debacle, but that's still not a good look for someone who's meant to be one of your senior players.

I'd pay any money for Ginter of 2 seasons ago. I'd be double-checking the purse for Ginter today.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But we loaned mings for 6 months first! 

We had that safety net 

And gomez record is worse, I don't think Liverpool are even trying to bring him back, he can't get sniff for them

Mings injury record before we signed him was dreadful

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think its conceivable we have 200m to spend "IF" we have a lot of outgoings and we want to spend big on top of that.

Whether we do though, is another matter entirely i suppose?

this is a quick table i did (just an outline of possibles):

image.png.f14120f41da9620480931704130c4f03.png

Would be interesting to know how much in total wages getting rid of those would free up?

59 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

personally, im not sure Watkins or Ings suit the Gerrard system.

I would prob consider bagging them both off tbh, then buying one striker who really suits the system Gerrard wants to play.

Please name some strikers who fit the system. And what does his system demand from strikers, other than scoring goals?