Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Dendonker as a CDM would'nt be the worst signing

Why would he want to join us though? 

We have a perfectly capable defensive midfielder who came on in 70th minute

• Like 1

16 hours ago, av1 said:

I’ve read some rubbish on this forum over the years, but the “if our manager spends £60m on Philips when there are players like Bentancur around for £20m he needs sacking” probably tops them all. 

These people do realise that whilst the Phillips stuff is paper talk, we actually tried sign Bentancur don’t they? 

I think we would have got Bentancur if it wasn’t for the fact Spurs were willing to take 2 players off Juventus - those deals coincided - and he’s doing well there. If that’s the calibre of player we’re after then I think the summer should be good. 

20 hours ago, av1 said:

I’ve read some rubbish on this forum over the years, but the “if our manager spends £60m on Philips when there are players like Bentancur around for £20m he needs sacking” probably tops them all. 

These people do realise that whilst the Phillips stuff is paper talk, we actually tried sign Bentancur don’t they? 

Please point to the post saying this

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Please point to the post saying this

There was a post yesterday that pretty much said the exact thing, maybe in the Gerrard or match thread. I’m not going to waste my time looking for it but it’s there somewhere 

Saint-Maximin- Watkins/Ings- Bunedia/Bailey

----------Ramsey------------Bisoumma----------------

-------------------Phillips-----------------------

That looks a top 8 to me

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Remember the time that loads on here were slating Bentancur because some Juve fans said he was shit?

Yeah, he's looking f**king quality. 

That’s because Serie A is much more demanding, coming to the Prem is like holiday in comparison… Ok that was a joke.

But Bentancur is now helped by playing in a very well coached team where everyone knows their roles. He didn’t look nearly as good in Allegri’s Juventus, (and I’m not sure he would have in this Villa team either).

ASM is not much better than Traore IMO. So I don’t see why we’d sell one skilful player whose end product can be questioned and replace him with a more expensive version whose not an obvious upgrade. Oh and Gerrard doesn’t like wingers apparently either yet wants to now spend £50 mill + on one . Calling BS 

• Like 2

I see Reyes Cleary hasn't signed a deal with West Brom yet and Athletic reporting that there's doubts that he will sign one at all, very good goal scoring record at academy level, wouldn't be surprised if he someone we bring in, turns eighteen later this month so would be a similar type of signing as Iroegbunam, wouldn't cost a fee if he doesn't sign professional terms with them but we'd still have to pay some sort of compensation I think.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Remember the time that loads on here were slating Bentancur because some Juve fans said he was shit?

Yeah, he's looking f**king quality. 

He’s also going to cost Spurs less than half of what Leeds apparently want for Phillips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

ASM is not much better than Traore IMO. So I don’t see why we’d sell one skilful player whose end product can be questioned and replace him with a more expensive version whose not an obvious upgrade. Oh and Gerrard doesn’t like wingers apparently either yet wants to now spend £50 mill + on one . Calling BS 

Of course it is BS, why on earth would the richest club in the world ten times over sell their best player…..

why would a club that’s stupid manager refuses to play with any width buy a wide man?

ASM was a £70m+ player before the arabs took over

he's tied down to like a 6 year contract with 3 years remaining or something daft, wont be going anywhere

not sure why his name always appears on here, nothing to do with us, all about newcastle and them having no reason whatsoever to sell

I still stand by what i said a few months ago.

We need two new CB's, A holding midfielder and a quality passing CM.

Mings & Konsa are not at the level that we are trying to reach.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I still stand by what i said a few months ago.

We need two new CB's, A holding midfielder and a quality passing CM.

Mings & Konsa are not at the level that we are trying to reach.

Perhaps, but we won’t replace both in one window. I think we’ll buy one in the Summer and sell Hause. 

Our priority should and will be to completely revamp the midfield.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

ASM is a highlight reel nothing more. Nothing to suggest he’s anything worth what’s quoted or that we’d be interested. 

And considering we don't play with the wingers we have already, I doubt we are going to spend £50m on another one.