Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

By the end of this season Mings, Konsa, Luiz and McGinn will have played in the PL for 3 whole seasons, with Watkins completing his 2nd this year. All of them are painfully inconsistent.

How much time do you give them if you are a club that wants to push for Europe ASAP?

A bit harsh. I think Konsa is somewhat limited as a defender because of his unproven passing abilities, but is he that inconsistent? And if he is, who in the squad isn’t?

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Ben Brereton Diaz for Blackburn looks a tidy forward, just watching the WBA/Blackburn game.

Dont really want any more championship players. Cash and watkins have gone backwards this year. We need a higher calibre of players  than the championship if we want to progress to the next level

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

By the end of this season Mings, Konsa, Luiz and McGinn will have played in the PL for 3 whole seasons, with Watkins completing his 2nd this year. All of them are painfully inconsistent.

How much time do you give them if you are a club that wants to push for Europe ASAP?

This is true.

It's also true that they have played under Gerrard for 10-odd games and with Coutinho, Digne, and Bailey for 3 or less.

If Europe ASAP is the goal - then coach them in a style that will get them there. Our squad is good enough to push for top 7.

Adding new players doesn't necessarily get you there any faster - especially if they have to adjust to a new language/country first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

To be honest, i dont think Cash is that inconsistent, i just think he is very good defensively, but about as much use as a chocolate fireguard going forward, which is just more and more apparent when he is asked to play like a wing back.

I completely agree that McGinn is inconsistent, he could be the poster boy for inconsistency.

i think the problem with both of these players (McGinn & Cash), imo they suit a quick back to front style of play (the style we seemed to actually start playing under Smith in the last 6-12 months - punting the lines), where its all urgency, bluster, hitting the lines and progressing as quickly as possible, with limited technicality, however i also think its abundantly clear that neither of them are suited to a technical, short passing, possession style, they just cant do it, and never will be able to.

I cant get my head around Konsa, he looked great early on with us, but seems to have regressed, i dont think its inconsistency, he just started to look great, then has got progressively worse, or less confident, or something, not sure what to make of him right now tbh.

Of the 3, i 100% dont think Cash or McGinn suit the way Gerrard wants to play, or could play that system competently.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seen Milner linked:

I'd take a 50 year old Milner over some of this lot. We lack characters, leadership and strength. I've always loved Milner, top pro and takes good care of himself.

While I agree in part I’d be surprised if he left Liverpool other than for guaranteed football which he would get here and I’m not sure we are going to go for more end of career players.  Young coming in was great but he’s not going to get much game time and Milner would next season be in that bracket.  Just feels like a Liverpool link thing.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

On the pitch 😉

I’m not sure he’d get in our team now, I definitely don’t know what position. His best years are behind him and he’d want big wages. He’s a top pro and a model professional, any young kid would look up to him, he leads by example and he comes across as being a very nice chap, you never see him in the headlines for the wrong reasons

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Lol … https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/aston-villa-transfer-steven-gerrard-26237085

Aston Villa are ready to launch a summer bid to land Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.

Villa boss Steven Gerrard’s number one target is getting a high-quality defensive midfielder into the club.

And he’ll have £50m at his disposal to get the man he wants.

Brighton’s Yves Bissouma and Ndidi

But yes please … 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ndidi would be a decent signing but Leicester fans have said he has been shit all season and one of the reasons for the defensive slump they have

Fans of many clubs seem to be crying out for new and better DMs. Man U fans hate McFred, Leicester fans slate Ndidi, Liverpool not happy with Thiago, Arsenal fans disappointed with Partey, Spurs fans can’t stand Hojbjerg and so on. All seem sure a new DM is key.

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

While I agree in part I’d be surprised if he left Liverpool other than for guaranteed football which he would get here and I’m not sure we are going to go for more end of career players.  Young coming in was great but he’s not going to get much game time and Milner would next season be in that bracket.  Just feels like a Liverpool link thing.

I would not be suprised if Milner didnt retire at the end fo the season. His legs have gone. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Ndidi would be a decent signing but Leicester fans have said he has been shit all season and one of the reasons for the defensive slump they have

Hes played cb at times. i think they are misguided if they believe its down to him. 

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I would not be suprised if Milner didnt retire at the end fo the season. His legs have gone. 

Didn’t Klopp say Milner is definitely not retiring a couple of days ago

edit:

https://www.skysports.com/football/inter-milan-vs-liverpool/preview/461091

"There is no chance Milly will retire next year, he is desperate to play on and I understand," he said on Friday.

Edited by nick76

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Milner can barely move these days, he is nowhere near what he once was

Milner and Vidal in the middle and Suarez up front. 

Who needs movement. 

• Haha 2