Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Kamara got injured last season and missed 8 games under Emery, we did pretty well without him, only lost once, which coincidently was away to United 😢

If I remember correctly that away game to Man Utd was probably a game too far the players as it was pretty much the same 11 for a while and the only change Emery could do was bring on Callum Chambers as the bench was very thin. 

Been looking forward to the game on Boxing day for a while, first time in ages it looks like we can rock up to Old Trafford and put on a Emery masterclass after the amount of losses we've had over the years so it's rather annoying what Kamara did to unnecessarily weaken us.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't be based on recent form or you've not looked into their games

Meh. They took points from Anfield on Sunday, first team to do so this season. They have been shocking generally and I absolutely love it, but they have the players to do some damage too if they find a bit of confidence. So I'd be slightly concerned that without Kamara we let them into the game too much. But yes it could also easily go the other way.

Edited by jayEm

He's kind of crucial to the way we play when he drops back into that Halfback/CB role.

I guess Dendoncker can do that but it's very much lidl vs waitrose in terms of quality.

I also don't expect him to come straight back in after xmas once his ban is up and be bang in form like he is currently, he will take a while to get going again.

United are shit at home.  They have lost to Brighton, Palace, City and Bournemouth at Old Trafford. Yes they picked up a point at Anfield but looking at the stats it seems like they parked the bus and scraped a draw. They can’t sit deep at home and I reckon that will suit us. 

Kamara or no Kamara. It’s a game we’ll be looking at winning.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

On the plus, side we have Luiz and Digne back, Luiz being our most important player.

2 of these games we should be able to win, but Man U could be very difficult.

You kind of get the sense that we perform much more fluently with both Luiz and Kamara on the pitch. I think that was clearly evident from the performance at Brentford. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You kind of get the sense that we perform much more fluently with both Luiz and Kamara on the pitch. I think that was clearly evident from the performance at Brentford. 

We absolutely do. Shame to lose Kamara for 3 games, but it is what it is.

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

United are shit at home.  They have lost to Brighton, Palace, City and Bournemouth at Old Trafford. Yes they picked up a point at Anfield but looking at the stats it seems like they parked the bus and scraped a draw. They can’t sit deep at home and I reckon that will suit us. 

Kamara or no Kamara. It’s a game we’ll be looking at winning.

I watched that game. United were terrible for most of it. Liverpool also were not very good. 

I was looking at it thinking that if United play like that against us, we will tear them a new one.

• Like 1

If he started yesterday then our performance would be a lot sharper, McGinn is amazing but when playing deeper he takes too many touches at times. Kamara moves the ball sharper with more one touch passes. Douglas Luiz can play with more freedom too. He will be badly missed the next two games too but hopefully we can step up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

His stupidity may have completely derailed our season. 

Yup. Luckily not irrecoverable and I hope it’s pointed out to him and he learns. But he has really **** our Christmas run in against beatable teams. 

I hope he's been fined every penny of his salary for these three matches, and it given to Acorns or somewhere else deserving. He's a frickin' idiot, and his utterly meaningless stupidity has really cost us. Absolutely pointless, you can accept a red card if it's a last ditch tackle against someboy through on goal, but grabbing somebody's face when you're 2-1 up against 10 men? He's a twit.

Â