Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Saw that last night. Seems too stupid to be real.

Imagine a lot of the delay just comes down to both clubs wanting to get the best price for them and we aren’t desperate, even if we don’t sign him so can hold out til deadline.

Yeah would seem odd wouldn't it 

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Spurs who have bid 20 million less on players this window and already lost Diaz and Adama 

Same Spurs? 

I just have concerns that’s all, especially if there is truth in them enquiring about taking him on loan.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think this will get done. We’re a different animal in the transfer market these days. When we want a player, within a certain value range, we usually get the deal done. 

Always been 10.59pm deal on Monday night for me aswell.

Just surprised we seem to want to buy him outright rather than loan deal which seems more logical at this point.

45 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I hope we can get this one over the line this weekend, got a horrible feeling that Spurs will come in and pay the money as they are starting to get desperate.

Surely that's agent talk?

Spurs already have Hojiberg as certain starter who's similar type of player and then Skipp and Winks are playing regularly under Conte so they've got loads of deep CMs.

Unless they're offering someone like Lo Celso to Juve but again different type of midfielder and they have loads of those types they're trying to get rid of.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Always been 10.59pm deal on Monday night for me aswell.

Just surprised we seem to want to buy him outright rather than loan deal which seems more logical at this point.

We already have our maximum number of loans.

Just now, Rolta said:

We already have our maximum number of loans.

Ah right, I thought there was limit to domestic loans but unlimited to ones from teams abroad unless they've changed the rules in recent times.

Think Spurs are looking at Franck Kessie anyway who's out of contract end of the season at Milan and more the sort they need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We still don't know if he wants to come....even if they sort out the transfer fee.

my suspicion is, they will play Chambers there and keep their powder dry.

I would say that Suarez would be tapping him up for Gerrard. But i agree that we will not buy above the budget we have set. Its been a brilliant window and we cannot be disappointed if it doesnt happen. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Why would a loan be more logical?

Just in case he dosen't quite get up to speed in prem, I've seen him plenty for Juve and he isn't the quickest so interested how he adapts to this league.

Similar to how Arsenal signed Ceballos on loan and then sent him back. What Chelsea will do with Saul Niguez end of season. Both good players on paper but neither could adapt consistantly to premier league so saved those two blowing 30-40m on them.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Just in case he dosen't quite get up to speed in prem, I've seen him plenty for Juve and he isn't the quickest so interested how he adapts to this league.

Similar to how Arsenal signed Ceballos on loan and then sent him back. What Chelsea will do with Saul Niguez end of season. Both good players on paper but neither could adapt consistantly to premier league so saved those two blowing 30-40m on them.

I get your point, but we can't be loaning every player to ensure suitabilty.

Thats what we have scouts for.....There is enough staff at BMH with experience to determine whether Bentancur is serviceable or not.

There are too many factors to align to get every transfer right...but equally, we can't loan them all.

Juve need money in and players out. Especially after the Vlahovic signing, but this was the case even before that. The Elkann's/Exor put a lot of money into the club in the summer and they are obviously in a buy before selling stage but that's only short term. They need to sell. Especially since Milinkovic-Savic and his agent Kezman are making noise about him looking to move on, he's Allegris top target by most accounts.

Not sure how "desperate" we are to sign a new midfielder this window but I don't want us to overpay or be held hostage by Juve. I like Bentancur but only if there is a deal to be had.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I suppose there is nothing wrong with a test drive first. A bit like having girlfriends before settling down with the Mrs :)

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Juve need money in and players out. Especially after the Vlahovic signing, but this was the case even before that. The Elkann's/Exor put a lot of money into the club in the summer and they are obviously in a buy before selling stage but that's only short term. They need to sell. Especially since Milinkovic-Savic and his agent Kezman are making noise about him looking to move on, he's Allegris top target by most accounts.

Not sure how "desperate" we are to sign a new midfielder this window but I don't want us to overpay or be held hostage by Juve. I like Bentancur but only if there is a deal to be had.

Fully agree. If we allow ourselves to be bullied into submission other clubs will do this in future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

I am not sure that is the case. Media is already reporting that they are looking for a replacement for Bentancur, so they would spend the money we give them and still have the same headcount. It could help the from a profitability perspective but the cost of replacement may cost them more each year as Bentancur only cost them 14m so his amortisation cost will be less than 2m a yr as his contract is until 2024

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Can't we just sign Zakaria instead? 

If we didn’t come to an agreement with Juve but then got this done instead, European football would likely have a cardiac arrest. 

Â