Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

Has anyone read any of Juventus's match reports when he has featured or better still seen him play? I have a read 2 and he seems to be scoring between 5-6 out of 10 , most of their players were tbh. General comments seem to say he started well but has faded under certain managers, be interesting to see him at international level.

A DM in the premier League is at the highest level IMO, it's the relentless pace, one mistake and the pressures on....if we have to sell Doug then I would want a proven PL DM or a very highly rated one from elsewhere, is this player that good? We are losing a Brazilian international who plays the DM role and I'm not that convinced with him, at DM.

Yeah, a few have raised doubts. You often get shouted at for listening Juve fans (who almost all say he's shit) because some wind-ups managed to get under some skin.

I'd still like to sign him but keep Doug as well at this stage. If we don't sign him I wouldn't be devastated, but if we want to finish in Europe this year we probably do need another player.

I think we're a much more attractive proposition than Lyon for an ambitious player. They aren't in Champions League next season.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can understand if you're familiar with the player and knows what he brings to the table, but it makes absolutely no sense to me to be staunchly for or against a player signing despite never seeing him play. You literally don't know anything about him? The default position should be to wait and see how he turns out for Villa in that case.

I think this is fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

It’s probably more likely that Juventus are frustrated that we have not raised our offer and have flicked through their Rolodex to try and find a club who will start a bidding war. 

It wouldn't surprise me if juve was playing mind games, after all their owner was one of the key instigators in the European super league fiasco. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

It wouldn't surprise me if juve was playing mind games, after all their owner was one of the key instigators in the European super league fiasco. 

Prime mover in the super league. Prime word removed, head of the primest words removed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

From the Athletic:

C6ABC2D6-C458-439F-A859-B9504D779C95.jpeg

Sorry mate you’re about 3 pages and 3 hours late with this.  Seems Lyon just have a long list of people they are interested according to reports.

Presume this is helpful for us.

OL and Tottenham reached an agreement on Friday for the loan of Giovani Lo Celso. All that is missing now is the agreement of the ex-PSG player

Edited by Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Presume this is helpful for us.

Not sure, they get a loan fee for him and get him off the wages and create a midfield vacancy. Could firm up their interest in Bentancur. Or Lyon could go after both now they have a big wedge of cash.

Not even sure I care any more. I’d not heard of the guy a week ago.

• Haha 1

Â