Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I just don't see it often enough, to be taken by it.

He made a good challenge recently at home and I got out of my seat to applaud.....It doesn't happen enough, is my beef.

In the main, he "floats" through games....a word used by a local journalist, which I thought was apt.

His passing ability holds no bounds, but its not that, some of us are concerned about.....How often does he trail a threat or Danger, like Fernandes Goal against us....it happens too often....I see him often in the wake of a dangerous run, from an opponent.

I am not saying get rid, too good for that.....I am saying move further up and let a player take over who goes after the ball and wins it....sure we want someone who can pass too....its not beyond the realms of probablity, to expect both.

Feeling that. You've given me some insight I didn't have there. Admittedly while I watch 24 minutes of highlights for every game at a minimum, I have not watched even half of our games this season for the full 90 minutes as I had for so long up until this season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Feeling that. You've given me some insight I didn't have there. Admittedly while I watch 24 minutes of highlights for every game at a minimum, I have not watched even half of our games this season for the full 90 minutes as I had for so long up until this season.

but you have to factor in, thats just my opinion, some may well disagree....and I'm cool with that.

My suspicion is, SG can see it too, hence the reason we are being linked with a CDM type player.

We have to stop being "easy to play against"  a good CDM will help with that, but its a team thing too.....I think our coaches know, already its a trait, we must dump.

Having said all that....I would be disappointed to see Dougie go, because he has many attributes that are good and I feel played further forward, would release him from the shackles of No6  and allow him to showcase the talent he has.

He has settled in at B6 and its not always easy to get over seas players to do that.....I want him in the squad, to challenge for the places where he is best suited.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â