Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

From what I've read on here, this sounds like we have a very slight advantage in that we can wait until the Summer, if necessary, to fill this position whereas it sounds like Juve really need the money.. down to the wire on this one I guess

1 minute ago, catanzaro said:

From what I've read on here, this sounds like we have a very slight advantage in that we can wait until the Summer, if necessary, to fill this position whereas it sounds like Juve really need the money.. down to the wire on this one I guess

I think they need to sell him to Sign Vlahovic. They've agreed the fee for him. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichW said:

If this is going to happen i'd imagine we would probably hear something today. Club don't tend to deadline day deals in recent times. Think Borja Baston was the last one? That was desperate times

I keep erasing that transfer from my memory

• Haha 1

We are fans of the add ons because they don't hit the accounts until they are reached (they are all usually like 50 games we pay x) so it's not in the amortisation. It's a future expense when we hopefully have more income

• Like 1

Can see an agreement eventually being reached somewhere in the middle, it's convincing the player (and also stopping other clubs swooping in - I can see a desperate Spurs for example coming in at the last minute) that I think will be the bigger hurdle. Hopefully those conversations have already happened behind the scenes though.

19 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

21m seems reasonable. 

that’s less than half of a Bissouma and simultaneously more than 7 Elphicks

Do you mean when the money is stacked into a tower?

32 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are shrewd negotiators - if they want him it will happen. We aren’t going to have our pants pulled down like Newcastle. 

That’s fair enough, but at the same time it feels a bit like walking into Harrods, picking up something shiny then bartering over the ‘best price’ like we’re in a Cairo souk. 

Bentancur is the sort of player you’d expect Bayern, Atletico or Milan to be in for. The fact we’re this close to bringing him to Villa is mad. It would be nice if they could just get it done and give the impression that we are meant to be shopping in this market. Impressions are important.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Reminded me of a taller Ashley Westwood. Plays it pretty safe in possession. I wouldn’t say he was very dynamic but seems neat and tidy. I genuinely don’t see how he is an improvement in Luiz in the position he’ll be playing. 

If he challengesand goes after the ball....the chances are, he is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

That’s fair enough, but at the same time it feels a bit like walking into Harrods, picking up something shiny then bartering over the ‘best price’ like we’re in a Cairo souk. 

Bentancur is the sort of player you’d expect Bayern, Atletico or Milan to be in for. The fact we’re this close to bringing him to Villa is mad. It would be nice if they could just get it done and give the impression that we are meant to be shopping in this market. Impressions are important.

I think that the way Italian clubs work is that no matter what you offer they want more. 😉 if we have offered 21 plus addons it would have been rejected with 25 mill plus as the asking price. I would say that our negotiating team have more than proven themselves over the last 18 months.  I would be expecting them to settle on 19 mill plus 2 addons. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

If he challengesand goes after the ball....the chances are, he is.

Not feeling this one. Dougie harrying opponents is something I love to see, even though he's not honed it enough to be adept at it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that the way Italian clubs work is that no matter what you offer they want more. 😉 if we have offered 21 plus addons it would have been rejected with 25 mill plus as the asking price. I would say that our negotiating team have more than proven themselves over the last 18 months.  I would be expecting them to settle on 19 mill plus 2 addons. 

Oh totally and WTFAI to second guess them! 😂 I just want it done, it’s a watershed signing imo in terms of where we sit in the football pyramid (rather than simple league positioning). 

• Like 1

Â