• Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Coutinho 74)
    • Ings (Watkins 79)
    • Hause (Buendía 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/01/22 at 23:59

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Childish arguments and constant snipes at our 'shit' players (and the ref, who I thought was perfectly OK). I'll be keeping away in future, it's so much more enjoyable. 

It was only a few weeks ago that Buendia was Championship level. You certainly have a point regarding criticism of players, most of it is premature and knee - jerk crap. So annoying. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Just look at VT every week. The ref is against us, sky is against us, we were unlucky, they were lucky etc. There is a constant lack of critical thinking. It just makes us sound like a small club and takes us down to the level of Baggies and Blues

Perfectly reasonable point of view. I am on the other side. I regard rolling over and just accepting the obvious bias when it happens as small time and lacks critical thinking.  But its all good, there is no one right way to support Villa.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know we all love Emi1, the best GK we have had in a long time and we have spent way too much on dross GKs over the last 6 years or so. The time wasting from him is really starting to irk me, I would like if he stopped doing this

Yeah I thought he might get a second yellow at one point today.

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know we all love Emi1, the best GK we have had in a long time and we have spent way too much on dross GKs over the last 6 years or so. The time wasting from him is really starting to irk me, I would like if he stopped doing this

Yep I agree, we still had about twenty minutes to go as well if I remember correctly to get his yellow card.  Later in the game fine but with so long left, he’s just asking for trouble.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I enjoyed that, proper old school battle. As SG said, there are different ways to win a football match, and we all knew what kind of game it was going to be. It's obvious that he's put a bit of steel into the side, long may it continue. 

Also, I made a conscious decision to watch the game without going near the match thread until after the final whistle, and having now read it I realise what a good choice it was. Childish arguments and constant snipes at our 'shit' players (and the ref, who I thought was perfectly OK). I'll be keeping away in future, it's so much more enjoyable. 

Totally agree on the ref, some of the comments on here you would think he whipped off his shirt to reveal an Everton kit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

The commentators on my broadcast immediately started talking about the responsibility of the players to not celebrate in front of oppositions fans.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I got the same comments on DAZN .. Unbelievable  !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Perfectly reasonable point of view. I am on the other side. I regard rolling over and just accepting the obvious bias when it happens as small time and lacks critical thinking.  But its all good, there is no one right way to support Villa.

Everyone complains and feels there is bias. However, that cup game against United was a blatant showing of how teams at the top get a different call VAR or not. Super proud of our 2-2 against them but wish we could have unequivocally destroyed them as we were the better team in both games. Also, my family are Villa fans through and through except for one brother who couldn’t take the heart breaks and chose Man U. Our time will come 🥳

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep I agree, we still had about twenty minutes to go as well if I remember correctly to get his yellow card.  Later in the game fine but with so long left, he’s just asking for trouble.

Are we starting to get to know each other and starting to see we actually have some thoughts in common. BTW, I am also the correct weight, it is just my height is wrong. It will be nearly time to go for a pint in the not too distant future :)

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Agree, we activated the head to the corner take an extra 5 seconds on the goal kick a good 15 minutes early. Worked out today but would have preferred 2-0 a lot more.

• Like 1

Â