• Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Coutinho 74)
    • Ings (Watkins 79)
    • Hause (Buendía 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/01/22 at 23:59

That was a strange game today. It was frenetic and almost had the feel you get in local derbies for some reason. Full blooded and for the most part, little time on the ball, so quality suffered.

I thought we dug in well and ground out a result in what was always going to be a difficult match when the opposition has had a change of manager.

Much to be pleased with in the circumstances, in my opinion.  

• Like 1

We won the first half, 

Everton won the second half 

thought it should have ended 1-1 based on the performance.

Ramsay and Buendia played really well today.

Mings was horrific, one of his worst games for us imo. 

Gerrard subs largely made sense, felt it needed to be slightly earlier as Everton really took control of that second half. 

ref I marked as poor, didn’t have that great a game. Missed some pretty clear corners, throws on both sides. Just a sloppy performance 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

good win, but my lord we were bad for large parts of that game.

If anyone thinks this side is a top 6 or 8 side with only adding a DM, you are mad my friend.

I must be mad. With a fit  couthino and a bissouma type player there is no question that we challenge the top 6. Everton played hoof ball and we struggled with it

• Like 1

They really ought to appoint Ferguson as manager, rather than as a caretaker once again. They could do worse and have done in the past. This would have been a far easier game for us, had he not been in charge. As it was, we won in any case.

Isn't that Richarlison a prize git by the way? Nice to see him on the losing side, so much for the school of science, we schooled them today! :flag: 

An attritional game I think, Everton resorted to route one tactics which worked relatively well not least because Mings seemed to lose concentration and positioning often in the second half.

On the balance of play a little fortunate to come away with the win though Everton never really opened us up and their chances were largely headers.

Results have been great under Gerrard and we definitely seem more solid in our setup but the performances are confusing and inconsistent, perhaps we’re just lacking fluidity. Worrying that we couldn’t get a hold of possession for any sustained periods in the second half too.

Ugly horrible game, Everton taking the Wimbledon early 90’s style whack it long and scrap for 50/50’s. Only bits of quality came from us and they were few and far between. 

i thought the were some fairly average performance such as mcginn’s second half and Watkins. Phil looked a bit rusty today and not his type of game at all but all in all this as many have said is the type of game we would have folded in the past so pleased with the points. 

final thought did Mings have a fiver on the draw? Last 15 minutes he was going for all sorts of headers that he didn’t need to go near and leaving massive gaps. I think that’s why Hause came on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

We won the first half, 

Everton won the second half 

thought it should have ended 1-1 based on the performance.

Ramsay and Buendia played really well today.

Mings was horrific, one of his worst games for us imo. 

Gerrard subs largely made sense, felt it needed to be slightly earlier as Everton really took control of that second half. 

ref I marked as poor, didn’t have that great a game. Missed some pretty clear corners, throws on both sides. Just a sloppy performance 

Shocked by that. I thought he was a beast. Odd lapse on the ball but he dealt with every ball they threw in to the box

• Like 3

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

On the balance of play a little fortunate to come away with the win though Everton never really opened us up and their chances were largely headers.

Agree Everton didn’t really open us up and if that was then throwing everything at us then they are in a world of trouble because they have so little quality with perhaps the exception of the young lad Gordon. 
they do look like relegation candidates currently to me

• Like 1

Result better than the performance, but I think we'd have all took that pre game. To keep a clean sheet is massive for confidence as is the win.

On chances, a draw may have been a fairer result, but we we're due a bit of luck and I think we got that with their poor finishing, so f*** em!

Buendia MOTM, he has real quality, cracking goal, nice touches, also works tirelessly. Cash and Ramsey also decent. 

Would have been nice to see a bit of composure second half but a wins a win! UTV 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shocked by that. I thought he was a beast. Odd lapse on the ball but he dealt with every ball they threw in to the box

He puts his body on the line but was going for everything,  winning nothing and leaving huge holes behind him. Naive. Calm down tyrone

• Like 2

Â