• Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Coutinho 74)
    • Ings (Watkins 79)
    • Hause (Buendía 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/01/22 at 23:59

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

For those saying the ref was ok, just have a look at the incident he booked Mings for.  Comically bad.

Even the best ref's will make the odd incorrect decision. Today, he annoyed me in the first half as I think he could have let the game flow a little better. But with regard to the key decisions he got them all right and the result wasn't influenced by poor referring. To me that is the key barometer for the performance of a ref. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know we all love Emi1, the best GK we have had in a long time and we have spent way too much on dross GKs over the last 6 years or so. The time wasting from him is really starting to irk me, I would like if he stopped doing this

Agree. Not just Emi or villa. But we pay for 90 minutes football. I think any stoppages in the last 5 minutes - double should be added on.

• Like 1

With the noise around Goodison, that was a creditable away win.

3 points, clean sheet.....Professional job.

However, We do seem to be a 45 minute team, but its bound to get better.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

We do seem to be a 45 minute team, but its bound to get better.

Any supporter of a team outside the top 4 will probably say the same. Given we are usually good for one half would suggest the other team haven’t been. So it sort of proves my point 😀

Edited by WHY

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We do seem to be a 45 minute team, but its bound to get better.

I am not taking the piss here. But a strong DCM on the pitch would have made a huge difference in the 2nd half. We allowed all the pressure on our defence and couldn't keep them at bay. A DCM would give us that extra bit of breathing space

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am also an overseas fan (California). I am amazed folks back in England dont see the bias against Villa by officials and British pundits.

Phil "dark ages" McNulty barely spent a line on our players being attacked. 

We do, but what can you do?

When Man u celebrated their first goal against us, and went in the corner of the Holte end and the Doug Ellis stands of the pitch.....we didn't throw bottles at them.

It was disgraceful and neanderthal, today.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Any supporter of a team outside the top 4 will probably say the same. Given we are usually good for one half would suggest the other team haven’t been. So it sort of proves my point 😀

I thought Southampton were decent in both halves today😜

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not taking the piss here. But a strong DCM on the pitch would have made a huge difference in the 2nd half. We allowed all the pressure on our defence and couldn't keep them at bay. A DCM would give us that extra bit of breathing space

Don't get me started Pete....🙄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I thought Southampton were decent in both halves today😜

City we poor first half imo. They stepped it up 2nd half and Southampton barely got out of their half. They defended well though. That sort of sounds how we played today. 

9 hours ago, kidlewis said:

We won the first half, 

Everton won the second half 

thought it should have ended 1-1 based on the performance.

Ramsay and Buendia played really well today.

Mings was horrific, one of his worst games for us imo. 

Gerrard subs largely made sense, felt it needed to be slightly earlier as Everton really took control of that second half. 

ref I marked as poor, didn’t have that great a game. Missed some pretty clear corners, throws on both sides. Just a sloppy performance 

its about putting the ball in the net more than the opponent.....we did, and they didn't.

The result was right.

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

City we poor first half imo. They stepped it up 2nd half and Southampton barely got out of their half. They defended well though. That sort of sounds how we played today. 

defending is part and parcel of playing well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

defending is part and parcel of playing well.

Didn’t say it wasn’t mate and I agree. We did the same today but most think we were poor 2nd half after being the better team 1st half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Didn’t say it wasn’t mate and I agree. We did the same today but most think we were poor 2nd half after being the better team 1st half.

It depends what folk look at......most look at the spectacle, the champagne football, the passing moves and the creation....which is fine.....but there is another side to the game, and that gets overlooked at times, or has an inferior level of appreciation.

Our second half wasn't the same spectacle for chance creation, and we went on the back foot, for periods, but we hung on and did the most important thing ...and thats win.

I didn't think we would win that game,going in to it, with our softer style, but we showed grit and determination and seen the job through.

I say....Bravo Villa.

• Like 2

For all of you who have complained about the various commentators... I have found the perfect solution.  My television remote has this button called volume down.  I just hold it down until the commentary doesn't annoy me.   That way, I'm only annoyed by the commentary on VT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Are we starting to get to know each other and starting to see we actually have some thoughts in common. BTW, I am also the correct weight, it is just my height is wrong. It will be nearly time to go for a pint in the not too distant future :)

I think so, we agree a lot but when we don’t agree we fight like siblings 😂

8 hours ago, TRO said:

When Man u celebrated their first goal against us, and went in the corner of the Holte end and the Doug Ellis stands of the pitch.....we didn't throw bottles at them.

It was disgraceful and neanderthal, today.

Front page of today's Observer. 

Screenshot_2022-01-23-08-47-28-64_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

18 hours ago, briny_ear said:

BTW football authorities, I am waiting-gov for a swift announcement of an enquiry into the bottle throwing. With a view to disciplinary action against the club.

Still no FA statement or tweet about it.

Big drunks shithouse tactics were always going to come into play yesterday , limited football intelligence and he knows no different ,elbows ,late challenges etc we dealt with it well, long may there struggles continue with that dick in charge 

9 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

For all of you who have complained about the various commentators... I have found the perfect solution.  My television remote has this button called volume down.  I just hold it down until the commentary doesn't annoy me.   That way, I'm only annoyed by the commentary on VT.

I discovered this button when they were using fake crowd sounds.

Â