• Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Coutinho 74)
    • Ings (Watkins 79)
    • Hause (Buendía 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/01/22 at 23:59

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Hope Gerrard gives this ref what for in press. That was a disgrace.

Ref was a total tool! Workmanlike second half from us and nothing more, some quality shithousing from us at times as well running down the clock 😉

Ramsey had some great moments I thought and was generally the pick of our midfield. Not bad first half, not all that good second half but it's 3 points. We will need to find a way of playing our fluent football even under pressure away from home if we want to trouble the top 8.

Was a really dangerous game today, how many times have we seen a manager sacked and then the team go and get a win the very next game. They were obviously desperate to get something from this match, and we had to shut them out - I think if they had equalised they’d have gone on to win. Scrappy, ugly, uncomfortable - all words I’d use to describe the game, but we got the win and the points. Awesome. 

Big 3 points.  First half was good.  Second half we got long balled to death and it was like watching Uncut Gems for me.  Really proud they stood tall and kept the clean sheet/got the win.  Buendia really starting to cook.  Digne's corners are beauties.  Good to have SJM back in the XI.  

• Like 2

All about the win that. I for one am delighted we won as we did. We know we can play good football and we will get much better. This one was about courage and we don’t see these type of wins from Villa all that often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

It was a bit surreal. Even did the bit of telling the big CB to stay up top and play as a striker.  To be an Everton fan and have to watch that hopeless football for 90 minutes. Sad 😂

It was straight out the Sean Dyche/Tony Pulis scrapbook. Throw in a bit of Joe Kinear as well.   I think our players can be very proud of themselves.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Was the 2nd half “awful”? Everton threw everything they could at us, legal and illegal, and brought on a couple of more effective players who caused us more problems than in the 1st. But we defended staunchly and held on to a clean sheet.

That’s not my definition of “awful”.

To be fair Everton brought us down to their level, but I was annoyed we weren't able to mitigate their tactics better. 

On another day we could so easily have conceded in that 2nd half. I've seen it happen so many times before where we go one up and throw it away and I thought it would happen again, but luckily Everton weren't good enough to capitalise.

Whether you or I see it differently it doesn't matter, we got a much-needed win so I'm happy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

The commentators on my broadcast immediately started talking about the responsibility of the players to not celebrate in front of oppositions fans.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

The commentators in the broadcast were so so. Tim Howard came out vocal at the half and said it was deplorable. He also said there was nothing wrong with the Villa celebration. They just got together and hugged it wasn’t like they pointed at the crowd or held hands to ears. And even if they did sing or chant or something. Despicable sore losers

• Like 2

Â