Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nyland is now a successful number 1 keeper at Sevilla.

Nyland - for all the many woeful games and generally bizarre moments he had with us - could pull out the occasional match winning performance. 

Swansea away in the Championship and Leicester at home in the LC back in 2020 being the stand out ones. 

Can't think of many match winning performances from Olsen. 

• Like 1

Thought he might have done better for their second - seemed to take him an age to get down. Other than that, he's not to blame for the goals we conceded. In fact, he pulled off some good saves and was good with his feet.

• Like 1

I just really want this guy at a new club next season.  I'm tired of seeing him flapping around sapping the confidence of our entire back line. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I thought he was partly at fault for the second goal the way he went down with the speed of a sloth.

The fourth goal as well looked awful and it certainly looked a shot that should have been saved.

Get rid.

His speed is…shocking to watch and antithetical to the way we play. 

Not much to be done for the rest of the season but been clear for a long time he’s terrible. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Nyland was three times better than this loser.

Put Gauci or the tea lady in nets for Brighton please.

Grow up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, pregra said:

Did he save any shots tonight? I remember a couple of offside saves, but thats it…

He still saved them . Were you somewhere else in the second minute and towards the end when he stopped certain goals ? 

Posted (edited)

His always the one to blame when his playing and we loose never our midfield or defence who go missing or give away cheap goals.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Thanks 1

I agree that he’s not good enough and you can see that the defence is shaky with him. Unai made his choice with him this season which was a mistake.

But pathetic seeing some of the abuse he gets here. Some real tough keyboard warriors on here 😆

• Like 2

Just got in from the game, seeing that replay looked like he was trying to wrist that deflected shot, really not good enough 

30 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The drop off from Emi to any keeper is going to be big but we must improve on him for next season

Emi is the reason it’ll be difficult to recruit a decent No.2. We’re trying to convince top class keepers to come here knowing they’ll only get a look in if Emi is injured or suspended. It’s why Brentford were able to sign that keeper in January despite us wanting him.

Posted (edited)

So our defenders can only function with the world’s number one goalkeeper behind them ? Perhaps they need to step up a bit  and take some responsibility for the defence of our goal.

Edited by smg
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Emi is the reason it’ll be difficult to recruit a decent No.2. We’re trying to convince top class keepers to come here knowing they’ll only get a look in if Emi is injured or suspended. It’s why Brentford were able to sign that keeper in January despite us wanting him.

This is unfortunately so. we will probably also lose Viljami Sinisalo, who had a very good season at Exeter.

50 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'd be happy to wager a bet that if we got 100 of us at a pitch and recreated that 4th goal, 99 of us would save it. 

If Olsen turned up, he's probably be the 1 who doesn't. 

He's probably have crashed his car in the car park and wouldnt be there in time.

Just now, Juju said:

He's probably have crashed his car in the car park and wouldnt be there in time.

Well, actually, I think he drove really well and people are just trying to scapegoat.

I don't buy the notion of a decent (particularly youngish) keeper being put off by having to compete with Martinez. 

In the first instance, it's a great opportunity to learn from one of the world's best day in and day out. 

In the second: Things move quickly in football. A below average campaign for the entire squad next year and maybe Emi decides it's time to move on. He'll have been with us five years at that stage, so not totally unthinkable (though I hope it doesn't happen, obv). 

It would be a harder sell for a club who has just forked out circa £30/40 mill for a first choice keeper.

I couldn’t really tell from where I was in the ground whether Olsen could have done better with any of the goals. 

But the stats are getting pretty damning now

23 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

His always the one to blame when his playing and we loose never our midfield or defence who go missing or give away cheap goals.

I'd stay away from the Dougie thread if I were you...

• Haha 1

Â