Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, jim said:

Watch Olsen as soon as it’s played short. I know I keep saying it but he was alive to it but the rest of them were statues.

I was sat about 5 rows behind olsen to the right, so had kind of the same view as he did. 

To be fair he was screaming at the defence whilst the ball was being placed for the corner, but no one listened. There was no one on the left at all. 

I remeber a pretty hard shot as well. Looks like he should have saved easily on the TV, but I don't remeber it like that. 

I do remeber no defence at all in between him and the corner. 

He's not good enough though, and shouldn't play again. 

The dodgy passes out to the defence eventually lead to the first goal, but it wasn't the first time he played it out that way. 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He must offer something I have not seen because every time I have seen him play he looks like a car crash waiting to happen. I am baffled  by the amount of caps the man has got.

The 2nd choice keeper played 20 games for Swansea over 6 seasons and is now back in Sweden

Was just looking on who Olsen beat to become 'Swedish goalkeeper of the year 2022' and found out this is who finished 2nd in the running: 

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

recruiting a back up GK has to be one of the toughest asks in football though. you're not getting a young up and comer because they know how important competitive games are for their development so you really do have to resort to keepers in their late 20s/early 30s

so yes he needs replacing, but i'm not holding out hope for someone much better

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You know its bad when you agree with gabby who ha slabelled him useless.

Olsen is **** useless. Against spurs they created even less than stevenage thats only reason he kept a clean sheet.

Shit keeper

Spurs had one shot on target and Olsen didn't even save that it was Ashley Young.

Can't afford to play this guy anymore (almost) a guaranteed defeat.

• Like 1

Forced myself to look at the winner. No way  should that have gone in. It was struck well but he had time to get to it. Steer looks a far better keeper. Perhaps he is used to being a number 1 so feels under pressure as a backup.Trying to find excuses to understand how awful he has been.

Â