Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

It's just like with Nyland, instead of bringing calmness to the team he brings nervousness, it's like I start shivering everytime he has the ball at his feet and at every other moment he is involved it feels it's an accident just waiting to happen. It doesn't matter how good he plays for Sweden, he must be replaced asap.

• Like 4

Just now, Risso said:

There was a charity auction last week, and one of the prizes was a pair of signed Olsen gloves. They didn't get a single bid, I think they'd have struggled to give them away to be honest

It would be impossible to verify if they were legit match worn gloves because there wouldnt be a single ball mark on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He had no chance with the goal other than perhaps shouting to Young that Toney was right behind him but who knows.

That open goal miss summed him up. Comes out unconvincingly and just spills the ball straight to Schade who didn't realise he had so much time to just compose himself and roll it into empty net.

He's just unconvincing and just unnerves our defence compared to the assurance Emi gives off in difficult moments.

• Like 2

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Eh? What did he do so wrong today?

Not his fault for the goal, Young should have done better.

Fumbled with the ball that almost gifted them a goal, howler when Schade was through and should have scored, strange movement at the goal letting the ball through his feet. There weren't any big mistakes, but give him a whole game and it will come unfortunately...

He's not great even on a good day and since he's not playing on a regular basis these days he's rusty as a tin man in a monsoon. He looks really stiff these days and he's so slow getting down low, something that's declined rapidly in the last 3 years or so. His inability to pass the ball means he's totally unsuited to play Emery ball.

Sadly I think his wages makes it very hard to get rid. Hopefully we can find a loan for him. Then it's just the matter of Janne Andersson getting the sack so I don't have to watch him and his other favorites play for Sweden.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Can't believe there isn't a better GK in all of Sweden

There is, but our manager likes his seniors. Nothing more important than seniority.

When defenders have a good keeper behind them, they can play with less pressure as they know the keeper behind them is assured and commands his area.

When they have a poor keeper, it adds more pressure onto them as they know one mistake is gonna result in a goal.

Olsen moves like he has lead in his boots, has no command of his box and distribution is woeful. 

Look back to that Stevenage game, no keeper should be getting beat like he did! 

I would rather see us go with the U21 keeper in future! 

Â