Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Risso said:

I've seen some shit keepers at Villa down the years, but this waste of space has plumbed new depths. Still, it's his idiot manager who keeps picking him I guess.

Haha yes, Unai Emery is totally an idiot and a terrible manager, right?

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'm still debating in my own head everyday who is worse Olsen or Nyland

Nyland almost won us the semi final against Leicester on his own. He was truly outstanding that game. For that alone, it’s him.

Olsen is f****** dreadful. 

44 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Terrible. What is it with shit Scandinavian keepers and Villa? They are absolute bottle jobs.

Only good one we have had is sorenson. The rest might as well have me in goal they are that bad

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Olsen without a doubt. It's not even a debate. Nyland could be very dodgy but also looked very good at times. Olsen looks dodgy all the time and has the rare moment of looking competent and that's literally it.

Every time he had the ball at his feet I was nervous. I’m normally cagey with any keeper with the ball at his feet but it was ten fold with Olsen, so it didn’t come as much of a surprise the **** resulted in a pass from him to Dendoncker, although the blame should mainly go to Dendoncker.

I miss Jed Steer.

Called it in the Carabao. Called it today.

Why the **** we have a cup goalkeeper is beyond me. If you're not a top 4 club you don't have a no. 2 Cup goalkeeper. You play your best keeper and try a win one of the two cups.

He's shit. He's been shit in every game he has played. I can only assume we've agreed a clause in his deal he must play the cup games. Which is ludicrous. He can't move and he can't play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Called it in the Carabao. Called it today.

Why the **** we have a cup goalkeeper is beyond me. If you're not a top 4 club you don't have a no. 2 Cup goalkeeper. You play your best keeper and try a win one of the two cups.

He's shit. He's been shit in every game he has played. I can only assume we've agreed a clause in his deal he must play the cup games. Which is ludicrous. He can't move and he can't play.

Well the reason managers do it is 'cos otherwise they never get a game and then if the main guy gets injured the number 2 is I assume less fresh. Also presumably you're going to get a worse goalie to sign as a backup if they think they'll literally never play. It's a problem; you either have just one good goalkeeper and then have to pray he never gets injured or loses form, or you have to play your backup sometimes. 

41 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I had this discussion with my Dad on the way back to the car. It’s like arguing which is the worst dog turd. Nyland was at least a decent shot stopper at times, Olsen doesn’t seem to even have that in his locker. I am not sure how he managed international caps.

Â