Lucas Digne

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Ross McCormack was probably worse if we're looking at it relative to revenue. And I'm saying that as someone who really hated N'Zogbia. 

Zog wasn't great at all but he scored a few decent goals one of the seasons we stayed up under Lambert. Then did o.k for a few weeks when Sherwood came in.

In fairness the original quote wasone of the worst signings…”. Not “THE worst”.

Which is open to some interpretation. One of the top five worst? Top ten? Top twenty? 

If Digne was sold for a reasonable amount of money - say 15/20m, enough for a profit for FFP reasons - I dare say that would go some way in offsetting the monetary aspect of the criticism.

For what it’s worth I don’t feel any negativity towards Lucas. I struggle to have a strong opinion on him either way. We probably could have found someone better for a cheaper outlay. But we definitely could have bought worse.

Ultimately I think no matter how successful we become, how savvy in the transfer market we are, Villa (and other clubs) are always going make signings where we think “Hmmm, not sure this was the wisest use of the funds…”.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

On loan?! They can f*** off

Unless it’s with an obligation to buy for a fixed fee. Think shifting him and Coutinho out are probably central to doing what we want recruitment wise in the final stage of the window. 

• Like 3

Not ideal, but he seems to want out and we want Acuna. If we can make it work financially (loan fee, wages) then it frees a place in the squad and keeps him in the spotlight for a future sale. Disappointing, finally thought we had one Saudi bound but this might work.

36 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Loan with an obligation to buy, and pay his wages in full, otherwise get ****.

That'll be get **** then.

These are the offers we'll get for clapped-out players like Digne and Coutinho.

• Haha 1

Nice have a bit of money about them now (I think) so would probably be reasonably placed to Dela with his wages. 

And if the loan fee does enough to cover a year of Digne's costs for FFP then it may work for us and let us get another signing in. 

Oh for crying out…

Please piss off with these sickening loans!

So fed up of this shite and having to continue to pay players who aren’t even going to be contributing to the club…

We’ve got to stop making costly blunders like this… so frustrating….

If we can’t get a sale and good fee, we’re better off just keeping him and playing him until Moreno’s fit and firing…

Problem is, I think we (Monchi) have unsettled the player now… and put ourselves in an awkward situation.

Unless this is all complete bullshit and we do have an actual sale n decent fee lined up 😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not ideal, but he seems to want out and we want Acuna. If we can make it work financially (loan fee, wages) then it frees a place in the squad and keeps him in the spotlight for a future sale. Disappointing, finally thought we had one Saudi bound but this might work.

In fairness, he probably wants out, as " we " obviously have been trying to replace him.

45 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Nice have a bit of money about them now (I think) so would probably be reasonably placed to Dela with his wages. 

And if the loan fee does enough to cover a year of Digne's costs for FFP then it may work for us and let us get another signing in. 

I doubt anyone other than PSG in ligue 1 would pay that sort of money

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, May-Z said:

They have money but they are not stupid. They got a much better deal in Sanson

We are the Only stupid team to oay Digne this salary

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Oh for crying out…

Please piss off with these sickening loans!

So fed up of this shite and having to continue to pay players who aren’t even going to be contributing to the club…

We’ve got to stop making costly blunders like this… so frustrating….

If we can’t get a sale and good fee, we’re better off just keeping him and playing him until Moreno’s fit and firing…

Problem is, I think we (Monchi) have unsettled the player now… and put ourselves in an awkward situation.

Unless this is all complete bullshit and we do have an actual sale n decent fee lined up 😂

If only we had owners that could arrange for all our unwanted players to be brought by the Saudi Pro League for 'market value'. 

Â