Lucas Digne

villan-scott

15 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Tom Collomosse reporting the potential move now, he’s the new Percy in terms of being close to Villa 

Can you post where? His latest article online was yesterday about Vardy and he hasn't tweeted about Villa since he mentioned we may keep Philogene around 2 days ago

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Can you post where? His latest article online was yesterday about Vardy and he hasn't tweeted about Villa since he mentioned we may keep Philogene around 2 days ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12370181/Aston-Villas-Lucas-Digne-attracting-Al-Hilal-18-months-Villa-Park-defender-latest-Premier-League-star-targeted-Saudi-sides.html

Aston Villa defender Lucas Digne is a target for Saudi Pro League club Al-Hilal less than 18 months after joining the club in a £25million deal.

The France full-back is unlikely to be part of boss Unai Emery’s first-choice starting XI in the season ahead and Saudi sources have indicated Al-Hilal - who have already signed Ruben Neves and Kalidou Koulibaly from Wolves and Chelsea respectively - are pressing ahead with a move for Digne.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s not about being forced, but it clears a high earner off the books, who isn’t necessarily first choice 

I mean because Moreno is out injured.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s not about being forced, but it clears a high earner off the books, who isn’t necessarily first choice 

But, once you're a top 5/6 club you'll always have a few high earners on the bench, no?  

I like Digne, but for the right money, and when the better player in Moreno comes back, I'd be happy to see him go.  If we get a good deal for him that is.  Given the way the Saudi's throw their money around, I see no reason why we can get twenty mill for him. 

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

A defender can’t defend? Surely that’s the bit he’d be good at playing at LB?

What you need as a CB vs a LB is very different. I'm not certain Pau is agile enough to defend in space when isolated by a top winger. When in the middle, you can force the opponent into other players, but outwide you can get beaten which causes an overload elsewhere. 

I like digne and wilk wish him well if he goes. If we are getting 20-30m for him and big wagss this will help massovely. He is i think 30 too so lets emery get another younger left back that he wants

Will never forget that goal vs united

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

What you need as a CB vs a LB is very different. I'm not certain Pau is agile enough to defend in space when isolated by a top winger. When in the middle, you can force the opponent into other players, but outwide you can get beaten which causes an overload elsewhere. 

Out wide you can force them to the touchline, which is essentially the same thing.

Selling Digne would be wrong, especially with Moreno being injured. He's on a lot of wages but this is the first time we have qualified for Europe in 13 years, we have to have a squad and left back is sorted for the coming season. We should be focusing on getting players like Davis, Hause, Traore and possibly Coutinho out before Digne. 

If he does go, then a replacement just as good needs to come in. Not a young left back I've not heard of who will take 4-5 years to be any good. Someone like Tierney.

• Like 1

Â