Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Lucas Digne is alot like Coutinho. In a more dominant side they would be assets due to technical ability. But in our position in the league you need gritty and robust equally as much as ability . 

This i feel is the biggest mistake Gerrard and Lange have made when they recruited. Its all good getting in experienced top quality winners , but they have misjudged the other things you need in the bottom 14 as i think it is now. 

Btw i have no idea about Carlos and if it was the physio that caused it but in Kamaras case its his knee. If it feels bad then thats on him to say so. The tackle he made was unlucky . It was a strong impact tackle and one i have done many many years ago. More of a jar than a twist. But **** painful. Couldnt put any weight on it. 

Just now, est1874 said:

If you had a club nutritionist and players were out of shape, s/he would be called into question and probably lose their job.

Likewise if you have players with no history of major issues elsewhere breaking themselves after a few games of football with us, then yeah, I'd say someone should be asked a few questions at the very least.

If you don't think so, I don't think you know much about the work that goes on behind the scenes re: modern sports science and medicine.

So let's take Carlos then. What does your Phd in Sports Science say is the deleterious effect our coaches had on a player, to make him rupture his achilles after falling badly in a challenge with Onana? Bearing in mind also, that this was only the second match of the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If you had a club nutritionist and players were out of shape, s/he would be called into question and probably lose their job.

Likewise if you have players with no history of major issues elsewhere breaking themselves after a few games of football with us, then yeah, I'd say someone should be asked a few questions at the very least.

If you don't think so, I don't think you know much about the work that goes on behind the scenes re: modern sports science and medicine.

Liverpool have had injury crises, Leeds and Newcastle both had them last season.  Kalvin Phillips has barely touched a ball for City and he’s got a recurrence of a shoulder problem. 
Kieran Tierney is made of glass, is that Arsenals physios fault? 

I honestly don’t think we’re unique in having a few players out at once. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

what players do you think are out of “shape”

Carlos, Digne, Kamara?

they all look fit as a butchers dog to me…or maybe they hide it well?

what you are going on about is just conspiracy theorist stuff…guess work…fantasy stuff

players get injuries…in the most innocuous situations….it happens…

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didnt our physio mess up Carlos by thinking it was cramp?

Admittedly, it was stupid, but:

If his achilles was already ruptured, there isn't much more damage that could be done by stretching it, and

If the physio (or doctor I thought) stretching it was enough to rupture it, it would have gone next time he went down the stairs or put his shoes on anyway.

14 minutes ago, Risso said:

Hudson Adoi did his achilles, and he's 21. Carlos's didn't "just" rupture his, he over stretched it falling awkwardly.

I said that tendons degenerate through either age or overuse, so in Hudson Adoi's case, it must have been overuse. Young people can get tendinosis too.

And falling arkwardly and over-stretching would not rupture a healthy achilles tendon, but it would rupture a degenerate one.

I'm not sure what you mean by he didn't just rupture his - that's exactly what he did.

You can rupture it like David Beckham did just planting his foot to the ground, or you can rupture it in a dramatic overstretch. But a rupture is a rupture - a complete tear of the tendon where one end is separated from the other.

I don't mean any offence by this but I manage to bite my tongue for months at a time and not say anything when I see people discussing injuries. In occasional moments of weakness, I try to help by offering my expertise, but it's never appreciated.  So I'm going to stay out of this now.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Thanks 1

He didn't "just" as in he wasn't just running around with no external cause. He was challenging for the ball with the Everton player, and suffered overpronation as he landed as a result, leading to the injury.

13 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Carlos ruptured his achilles tendon. Now here's the thing - healthy tendons don't rupture. They have to degenerate first. And they degenerate in 2 main ways:

1. Age, and 

2. Just like a stress fracture, over a period of time when the amount of activity someone is doing is out of proportion to the recovery time - the tendon gradually breaks down (tendinosis).

According to who? Every structure, biological or mechanical, has a maximal failure point and a lower yield point in which plastic deformation occurs. Just because a tendon is "healthy" doesn't give it superpowers that prevents it from failing.

17 hours ago, est1874 said:

There's something very wrong with how we condition our players and manage (minor) injuries.

Surely someone has to lose their job over the sheer volume of serious injuries we are collecting. 

Sometimes you get unlucky, sometimes you ride your luck. This isn't about luck, I don't believe in this many coincidences.

It's like you've never heard of an injury crisis before. 

"Sheer volume" = 3

Surely someone has to lose their job... 🤣🤣

Â