Africa Cup Of Nations

gwi1890

The AFCON is a interesting tournament on a ordinary year. This time with Covid and a number of terror threats it might be one for the ages.

Hopefully it all works out.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Don’t know if we have a thread to follow the AFCON 

First game today starts 16.00 Burkina Faso vs Cameroon , will be interesting to see how Bertrand Traore performs. 

This is on sky for those that have it and so the streams will be tip top for those that do not.

• Like 1

Are the keepers still shit or is that a cliche? 

Mendy will be there is suppose 

Who are the hyped up wonderkids? Not salah and mane but who are the ones touted as making a big move sometime soon? 

Edited by villa4europe

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sylla scored for Guinea, is that the Sylla who played  for us ?

No apparently he has Mali caps that Sylla. Wikipedia says he is playing in Morocco now 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sylla scored for Guinea, is that the Sylla who played  for us ?

Sylla is one of those popular West African surnames - like Traore, Cisse, Diarra, Sissokho etc. Mainly Guinea, Mali and Senegal area. 

22 minutes ago, penguin said:

Might give Nigeria Egypt a watch tomorrow. Perks of working from home I guess.

Reminds me of the time a few months ago I flipped on and had a cheeky bet on Lebanon vs UAE

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Considering most predictions had Algeria comfortably beating Sierra Leone today, you wouldn't have guessed from this performance. Algeria look bang average and Leone being the better side in my opinion. 

One for the forgotten players thread but think Steven Caulker is playing for Sierra Leone now, read an interview with him the other day. Played for England v Sweden in 2012 when Zlatan scored those 4 goals.

Â