Yves Bissouma

Corleone

7 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Would signing Bissouma be a serious sign of intent? 

Yes, added to Digne, Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Ings in the last six months shows the club mean business.  Whatever you think about any of those individuals, when collectively you look at them as business dealings along with previous summers it shows we aren’t messing around.  It gives us a very strong squad, a fantastic January window and envious rivals.  

To move to the next level, in the summer and subsequent transfer windows we’ll need to start adding top top talent and whether we can do that is a different conversation but adding Bissouma now shows a serious sign of intent imo.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yes, added to Digne, Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Ings in the last six months shows the club mean business.  Whatever you think about any of those individuals, when collectively you look at them as business dealings along with previous summers it shows we aren’t messing around.  It gives us a very strong squad, a fantastic January window and envious rivals.  

To move to the next level, in the summer and subsequent transfer windows we’ll need to start adding top top talent and whether we can do that is a different conversation but adding Bissouma now shows a serious sign of intent imo.

Imagine what Sky would be like if Newcastle signed that lot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I can’t believe people don’t rate him 

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

I can’t believe people don’t rate him 

I agree, I always understand people have different views but sometimes the opposite view seems so off the mark it doesn’t make sense.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve missed the last 20 odd pages. What’s the verdict on Bissouma? We getting him tomorrow or not? 

I think we’ve narrowed it down to either Yes or No.  

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I thought it was also a maybe?

No that was ruled out.

It was felt that because ‘Maybe’ wasn’t a 6ft 5, 24 year old, DM, it shouldn’t be considered

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, I always understand people have different views but sometimes the opposite view seems so off the mark it doesn’t make sense.

He’s a good age, knows the league, his numbers back up the fee, the only thing I can think influencing people’s views is the charge against him. I don’t think any of us want a player who would commit an offence like that, and Purslow etc aren’t stupid. I’d love us to get it done tomorrow 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s a good age, knows the league, his numbers back up the fee, the only thing I can think influencing people’s views is the charge against him. I don’t think any of us want a player who would commit an offence like that, and Purslow etc aren’t stupid. I’d love us to get it done tomorrow 

At this stage there is no charge against him. In fact it is unclear whether he is on bail. In this country we are all innocent until proved guilty and suspicions on their own prove nothing.

Â