Yves Bissouma

Corleone

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Mali won yesterday, so good chance he be in Africa even longer.
Is it even possible to sign him in Jan?

Yeah I’d wait until the summer, likely miss too many games and realistically won’t finish much higher with him in the team. He will the only have 1 year left on his contract then too so will be able to negotiate a better fee for us, and also hopefully the police matter will be but to bed. Makes more sense to me.

5 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Yeah I’d wait until the summer, likely miss too many games and realistically won’t finish much higher with him in the team. He will the only have 1 year left on his contract then too so will be able to negotiate a better fee for us, and also hopefully the police matter will be but to bed. Makes more sense to me.

yes but then we still need someone in that position for the next 19 games.   Unless we loan someone good until the summer to revisit this deal.

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think we need him and certainly not for the reported £40-50M.

Agree with this.

I'd rather we got in a top class CB before we looked at midfield.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If Bissouma was to sign, when would he get back from AFCON?  We currently have 19 games left to play, would he miss many of them?

If they reach semi finals it will be after February 3. Quarter finals January 23

Edited by Zatman

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

but then who plays in that defensive midfield for the second half of the season?

We have done OK for 2 years with Dougie there. Can be fine for 6 months then if we are safe can blood Iroeugbunam or how you spell his name 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have done OK for 2 years with Dougie there. Can be fine for 6 months then if we are safe can blood Iroeugbunam or how you spell his name 

Have we?! I'd say it's stuck out as being probably the weakest area of the team. 

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Zatman said:

"We have done OK" is the problem. We did well finishing 11th last year. If we want to push on then this is the kind of signing we need to make. Luiz is great, but I'm in the 'he's not really a DM' camp. He's better further forwards. Genuinely, I think signing Bissouma will transform us beyond recognition.

• Like 4

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Have we?! I'd say it's stick out as being probably the weakest area of the team. 

SG wants HIS team now, the quicker he gets it, the faster and higher we can fly, he'll want to finish as high as possible this year but the focus really is on getting his team to gel in time to come flying out of the blocks next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

"We have done OK" is the problem. We did well finishing 11th last year. If we want to push on then this is the kind of signing we need to make. Luiz is great, but I'm in the 'he's not really a DM' camp. He's better further forwards. Genuinely, I think signing Bissouma will transform us beyond recognition.

Of course we need to push on but I prefer to wait until the summer and get a better value option than Bissouma. We aren't qualifying for Europe this season anyway

How come Brighton and Brentford can snap up these players and we cannot find them. Should be our mission instead of overpaying others to do the job 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Of course we need to push on but I prefer to wait until the summer and get a better value option than Bissouma. We aren't qualifying for Europe this season anyway

How come Brighton and Brentford can snap up these players and we cannot find them. Should be our mission instead of overpaying others to do the job 

Arguably we're not really overpaying for them if they're good enough and capable of taking us to the next level.

We've been trying to unearth 'gems' for years. What is any team's success rate with these kinds of signings? And by that I mean, how often do teams unearth genuinely Top 6/8 Premier League quality players for cheap? Just because Brighton have one now doesn't mean it's easy—and the fact he's probably their best player at the moment says a lot. They have made plenty of other signings not as good as he is.

What top team doesn't make these kinds of serious signings?

Edited by Rolta

4 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Close thread he is in no rush to leave apparently 

The longer he leaves it the bigger his signing on fee will be. To be honest if I was him I'd wait until the summer, let brighton take £20m and pocket £10m myself. 

12 hours ago, smg said:

£40 million that’s a joke. Why do we get so excited about other teams so called best players ? We have Bailey, who gets better the less he plays, Buendia who to be fair is improving but has done nothing to justify his fee and now we are desperate to sign a player who looks decent in a shit team and might be subject to some law enforcement in the near future. There must be better out there.

@smg before he posted this...

images-min.jpeg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â