Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Time for Phil to go to Saudi. Get him on the plane now and just get him off the wage bill and take whatever fee we can get. 

I think he will end up terminating his contract and finishing his career in Brazil. He is the type of bloke to make a decision based on happiness rather than money . I dont think we will have to pay it all up either. His pride will come into play  

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

The one thing I'm clinging to is that he's just not up to speed yet after several months out and he's only had around 45 mins of football since about March?

Pretty much. You’d think it was a cup final not a meaningless friendly to get players up to speed.

It also wasn’t anywhere near as bad as some are making out. But you gotta grind that axe!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No. Never wrote him off. Anyone that did is a fool. Nothing like Coutinho issue

Half of the forum were literally screaming for him to go. 

Go back, take a look, it was absolutely seething at times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Half of the forum were literally screaming for him to go. 

Go back, take a look, it was absolutely seething at times. 

Yeah most had written him off.

I think though, the slight difference is that many also had the affection for him, and faith in his character to come through in the end, even when it looked most bleak.

Almost every fan will have been willing it to work out for meatball.

Coutinho, less so, some also link him to a bitter tasting SG era.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Hope he gets a move to MLS. He'll be one of the best players there and have a good family life.

Except for the mandatory active school shooter drills that'll give his kids PTSD.

Also the possibility of an active school shooter.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought he looked good, some brilliant no time to think quicking thinking touches, and surprisingly quick and energetic. Just because he had a bad shot at goal that doesn't mean he had a bad game.

All that said it was only a friendly doesn't really mean anything, I find it staggering that people put so much weight into them, despite year afer year it being proven that they're not a predictor for how the season will go, both in terms of team performance but also individual player performance

Forget the neat take down or the sublime skill flicking it over the defender and the one-two that could have resulted in a goal. 

Just focus on the wayward shot all our midfielders are guilty of game after game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought he looked good, some brilliant no time to think quicking thinking touches, and surprisingly quick and energetic. Just because he had a bad shot at goal that doesn't mean he had a bad game.

All that said it was only a friendly doesn't really mean anything, I find it staggering that people put so much weight into them, despite year afer year it being proven that they're not a predictor for how the season will go, both in terms of team performance but also individual player performance

Agreed, he really struggled his first 15 mins. But he made a bunch of good decisions after the 75th minute. 

35 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I think we should set fire to his house and cars and flush his body into space

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

The one thing I'm clinging to is that he's just not up to speed yet after several months out and he's only had around 45 mins of football since about March?

look-what.gif

• Like 1

Â