Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be stunned if they would go for him

Only gerrard was stupid enough to sign this version of countino. Thank god we have emery now so this kind of nonsense will stop

I wouldn't be surprised. He's a "name" and has some profile in the media, it's one of the reasons we signed him I think, to raise the profile of the club. Too bad he isn't any good and his legs have gone. 

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be stunned if they would go for him

Only gerrard was stupid enough to sign this version of countino. Thank god we have emery now so this kind of nonsense will stop

But they were stupid enough to employ Gerrard and pay him 3 times what we pay Emery. Solely because he is a name i guess.  I dont think he would go. He has made enough money for the next 5 generations of Coutinhos .  He is a decent family man. 

10 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

The last time I remember seeing Coutinho play for us was Arsenal at home where, from memory, I thought he had a decent game and took his goal brilliantly.  He may not have been as good as we'd hoped based on his initial loan spell, but I certainly don't remember thinking he was a busted flush who should be got rid of asap. 

If fit, he could definitely play his part. The issue really is that he's on a big wedge. 

10 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

The last time I remember seeing Coutinho play for us was Arsenal at home where, from memory, I thought he had a decent game and took his goal brilliantly.  He may not have been as good as we'd hoped based on his initial loan spell, but I certainly don't remember thinking he was a busted flush who should be got rid of asap. 

I'd like to move him on ASAP he doesn't deserve the same sort of hatred Lescott and Richards got but I can see it happening if he hangs around on a big wage not contributing.

• Like 1

He was injured already though, he got injured end of last season just as he was ready to come back. Probably not fully fit yet but looks close based on the training montage that was posted

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He was injured already though, he got injured end of last season just as he was ready to come back. Probably not fully fit yet but looks close based on the training montage that was posted

He's in his 30s now and intensity from his time at Liverpool has significantly dropped so I think that's the big problem with him remaining here. 

Playing 3-4 days regularly next season and he'll probably continue picking up knocks and being out of squads so I'm not convinced UE will want to keep him for that alone.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Just like Keinan….and why wasn’t he mentioned on that list?

In with Hause and Nakamba, available for loan or purchase.

I guess Sanson is aswell but guess he's trained well since returning so UE probably thought it would be good to give him some minutes and you never know if we pick up some injuries at CM.

• Like 1

Barca must not have believed their luck when we took his wages from their accounts. We didn't exactly have to beat other clubs to get the signature.  The brain is still sharp but the body unfortunately isn't. It makes you wonder what they do in the physicals before signing off on a 4-year multi-million-pound contract. 

• Like 2

On 14/07/2023 at 04:36, MWARLEY2 said:

But they were stupid enough to employ Gerrard and pay him 3 times what we pay Emery. Solely because he is a name i guess.  I dont think he would go. He has made enough money for the next 5 generations of Coutinhos .  He is a decent family man. 

Is this true?

On 14/07/2023 at 04:36, MWARLEY2 said:

Sorry, have I missed a joke or am misreading this?

You think Steven Gerrard earned three times the salary of Unai Emery?

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I suspect he meant Dean Smith. Who obviously has far more skill, and far less of a name, than Gerrard.

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I'm assuming he's referring to Gerrard's salary at Ettifaq.

Gerrard's on £15m in Saudi, I believe we pay Unai £5-6m

• Like 2

Â