Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I honestly cant understand how he cant shoot anymore. Surely you cant just lose that at the age of 30? 

About 10 shots from outside the box in the game today and the closest was from a stevenage player which clipped our bar. All of ours were miles off target. Its frankly unbelievable.

It's because he has to rush them because he's so slow he can barely get a yard on a league 2 journeymen

He's a player that needs a dozen games in close succession to rediscover his rhythm and his mojo.

Of course, you might lose all of those dozen matches while he goes through the motions.

He's a bit of a puzzle for the manager right now,

Just now, rodders0223 said:

It's because he has to rush them because he's so slow he can barely get a yard on a league 2 journeymen

It just baffles me, he's had about 60 shots from outside the box since hes signed and no goals. Just stop shooting. They're getting further away each time.

Gets the ball, nobody makes a run for him.

Hes not the player i hoped he would be, and he is certainly lacking confidence. But hes the only one who is looking to be positive when he receives the ball and hes a better player than Buendia.

Probably should have not played Luiz and played Ramsey to run past Ings. Bailey doesn't help as his movement in the final 1/3rd is very poor.

Final ball off Bailey, Cash, Sansom, and the LB were all very poor today

Ings is an impact player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's a player that needs a dozen games in close succession to rediscover his rhythm and his mojo.

Of course, you might lose all of those dozen matches while he goes through the motions.

Sorry but where's the evidence to support this theory? Giving a bad player ten games in a row isn't going to make him better. He'll still be bad. 

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

He was ineffective today to be sure, but watching on tv I noticed more a few instances where Phil seems to just be dawdling over the ball, but seeing the full field, the attack is stagnant with very little movement to/for the ball. 

I was at the game today, the players were poor but the system didn't help IMO. There's hardly any width, full backs don't get forward at all it's basically a flat back 4 at times, two sitting DMs. There's not enough attacking options, they had to go backwards all the time with passes, he tried to force a few things and they just weren't working but what options did he have? Bailey and Ings, that's it. Ings was marked by about 3 defenders most the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's a bit of a puzzle for the manager right now,

Under Gerrard he started almost every game, and was still poor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Looked close to tears on the bench after he went off. Utterly dogshit today, unfortunately I think he's finished at the top level

To me he didn't look angry or pissed off he looked forlorn and defeated

• Like 2

Â