Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

In what regard? For once I agree with Gabby that he looks more like a 5 a side player 

The whole team looked like 5 a side players until Gerrard went. He’s had 20 mins on the pitch to turn it around since then and now we need to get rid of him because he’s not good enough.

Face it, it’s because he had a link to Gerrard. That’s why McGinn needs to be out the club, Purslow needs to get the sack and why Coutinho needs to be sold. Even Danks needed to be fired until last night.

Everyone gets a clean slate except people that VT has taken an irrational dislike to.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

The whole team looked like 5 a side players until Gerrard went. He’s had 20 mins on the pitch to turn it around since then and now we need to get rid of him because he’s not good enough.

Face it, it’s because he had a link to Gerrard. That’s why McGinn needs to be out the club, Purslow needs to get the sack and why Coutinho needs to be sold. Even Danks needed to be fired until last night.

Everyone gets a clean slate except people that VT has taken an irrational dislike to.

That's fair. I posted in McPhee thread bottom of page 2 saying doesn't he get credit for first goal. Do think Coutinho mostly has looked like flat track bully at best and nowhere near starting side. His best game before joining us was 3 seasons ago

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's fair. I posted in McPhee thread bottom of page 2 saying doesn't he get credit for first goal. Do think Coutinho mostly has looked like flat track bully at best and nowhere near starting side. His best game before joining us was 3 seasons ago

Yeah, that’s fair. Maybe he’ll come good, maybe he won’t.

But just give the guy a chance at least!

I think the issue is that pretty much every player was a revelation yesterday and looked so much better but Coutinho came on and still looked pretty average at best. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I think the issue is that pretty much every player was a revelation yesterday and looked so much better but Coutinho came on and still looked pretty average at best. 

I'm happy with 4231 and assume 1 is Ings Watkins Archer and Coutinho only fits the 10 or at a stretch either side I'd rather 3 from Bailey Watkins Buendia Ramsey Mcginn. It's actually really 1 spot for me from 1 of Beundia Ramsey Mcginn Coutinho and he's last of the 4

23 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yeah, that’s fair. Maybe he’ll come good, maybe he won’t.

But just give the guy a chance at least!

Give him a chance?

He's been here for almost a year. Played under a manager who would literally pick him week after week regardless how he performed.

Everyone looked the part yesterday except for this guy.

Only came here because of Gerrard.

We need to get him offthe wage bill so we can sign younger and hungrier players.

23 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Give him a chance?

He's been here for almost a year. Played under a manager who would literally pick him week after week regardless how he performed.

Everyone looked the part yesterday except for this guy.

Only came here because of Gerrard.

We need to get him offthe wage bill so we can sign younger and hungrier players.

Yeah, and as I and loads of other posters have said, almost all our players have looked shite under Gerrard. Everyone else gets another chance, why not him?

But sure, carry on blaming Coutinho for Gerrard’s mistakes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That’s where I’m at. But let’s wait and see…

He’s here because of Gerrard. It’s as simple as that. He had no intention otherwise of playing for us.

That said, he needs a chance to show us what he can do post Gerrard. He was poor yesterday when he came on, but let’s not pretend there isn’t a very good player in there.

Personally, I don’t think it’s going to work out for him now, as much as it pains me to say it. I just think all the Gerrard stuff will have affected him and I don’t know if he has the desire to really crack on here and make a go of it. 

Really hope I’m wrong because I think he’s fantastic to watch when he plays well. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yeah, and as I and loads of other posters have said, almost all our players have looked shite under Gerrard. Everyone else gets another chance, why not him?

I think the jarring thing is everyone else was flying. He wasn't just not flying, he looked crap, misplaced every pass, and when he did lose the ball, he just gave up, and put almost no effort in to winning it back.

He deserves a clean start, everybody does, and one poor sub appearance doesn't change that, but he's hardly played himself into contention in the next game. 

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

He now find himself  in Emi’s shoes. The odd 20 minutes here and there to shine and make a case for his inclusion

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

He's not going to play though barring injury.

Does anyone actually thinking Coutinho left Barca and Bayern to fight it out at Villa and be a rotation option at 30? Dropped about 250k a week to battle it out here?

He didn't. He doesn't want to and I wouldn't blame him. It's human nature, he's got to a level where that just won't be in his mind set.

This signing did not make sense and it would be best for all parties to somehow find a solution. It's going to be a mess and a difficult one.

10 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Gerrard did him no favours by just throwing him out there and expecting the younger version of Coutinho to suddenly reappear to perform some game winning magic. I hope he just needs an actual coach who can help adapt his game as he enters the twilight phase of his career. The Liverpool Coutinho has long gone, but hopefully there’s still a useful version in there who can be adapted and developed under the right coaching. 

Another problem is that rather than criticise Gerrard, the media are scapegoating Phil. Yes, he’s here because of Gerrard, but he hung out to dry as much as other players by Gerrard. It’s an unfair burden for a humble, hardworking and quiet person. It’s a different pressure from what he’s used to, but I’m confident he will find his feet again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

But sure, carry on blaming Coutinho for Gerrard’s mistakes.

For me I am just done with him. 

And judging from yesterday he is night and day from Buendia who when losing the ball is willing to die to win the ball back whereas Coutinho is lazy and feels sorry for himself.

We don't need luxury players. There is no I in team.

Too high wages, too old. We need to get him off the wage bill.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

Â