Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Scrolling through Twitter looking for news on this and seen few clips of him playing beside Sturridge when he was at his best, as a pair they really complemented eachother.

So got me thinking, which of our strikers fit the mold of Sturridge in that Liverpool team, for me it might be Archer

You’re saying we should sign Sturridge eh?

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Sorry but I really feel 'meh' about making this permanent. Would love to know what his wages are gonna be.

How meh did you feel when signing Jordan Bowery then?

I don't get this constant need to compare this potential signing to signings like Drinkwater, Borja BastΓ³n and so on, as if that needs doing to highlight what a big signing this would be, signing Coutinho would be a big signing compared to any of our previous signings, never mind some of the most infamous.

Β 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

More excited as he was an unknown ;)

I remember thinking "this is so left field it might be one of those you look back on and think, that was genius".

Christ...

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, YLN said:

Carbone??? What on earth are you talking about? He was incredible. Himself and Merson won that fa cup 5th round game against Leeds by themselves. He was a super player for us, and it was so disappointing we couldn't make it permanent.Β 

Put some respect on his name. You haven't a clue

bffe335f-3c35-4eee-83a0-3efdf64c2961.jpg

Carbone was a great player but he wanted a ridiculous amount of money to sign for us.Β 

Shame he wasn't a bit more realistic in his wage negotiations.Β 

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Β£17m for Coutinho and you feel meh? Wow, being a Villa fan for you generally must be suicidal daily.

Reminds of a colleague who got a huge bonus at work then when he saw his payslip, moaned about how much tax he had to pay! :DΒ 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I know it's not my money, but I do support the club?

We are run by very successful businessmen now. They wouldn't do a deal that financially crippled us.Β 

Just now, Xela said:

We are run by very successful businessmen now. They wouldn't do a deal that financially crippled us.Β 

I'm not saying it's going to cripple us. I just think I'd rather have spent the money elsewhere. But who knows, let's hope I'm proven wrong over the next few years.

He just needs to be good enough that he doesn't seem like a flop/bust. Even if he's not at his peak anymore, if he still has his moments like he's had so far, to those looking from the outside (particularly prospective transfer targets) it'll still be a big deal that we have THE Philippe Coutinho.Β 

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚