Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

53 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's like he's playing Fifa and has a birds eye view of the pitch - isn't fast, isn't big, but doesn't need these qualities to devestate a game - he will be as good in 4 years time - we must sign him up to a big contract. 

Exactly what I was saying in the match thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Serious question.

If come summer, City wanted him ( meaning he will have had an exceptional season ) but offered Jack back in return, would you take it?

🤔

Nope, I think Phil helps the team and system his defensive work is fantastic, the show isn’t all about him,  there’s no drama and he’s a positive influence on the youngsters at the club. If Jack was available for a reasonable price I would probably still have him back though but not at the expense of Coutinho.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Serious question.

If come summer, City wanted him ( meaning he will have had an exceptional season ) but offered Jack back in return, would you take it?

🤔

nah.

Im not trying to claim Grealish isnt a good player, but....

If we did sign Coutinho permanently, he has such a high profile in world football, that it would also help us attract a higher calibre of players to the club, to help us try and push on.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

nah.

Im not trying to claim Grealish isnt a good player, but....

If we did sign Coutinho permanently, he has such a high profile in world football, that it would also help us attract a higher calibre of players to the club, to help us try and push on.

I'm really hoping we had some sort of agreement in place, where we can't have the rug pulled from under us.

Most important thing would be him wanting to stay of course.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm really hoping we had some sort of agreement in place, where we can't have the rug pulled from under us.

Most important thing would be him wanting to stay of course.

yeah defo.

I really hope we manage to make this one permanent, will be gutted if not!

I’d love for him to sign permanently…

however…
If he goes, he goes…

But we were all alive to see Phillipe Coutinho play for our beloved club…

and that has and will provide us with memories that nobody can take from us…

What a cracking player…

• Like 1

The club better do everything they can to make his move permanent. my worry is another club will see how good he's been since joining us and try to offer something more. Making him permanent as to be the top priority for the club in my opinion. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Serious question.

🤔

No.

• Like 2

I do think he stays.

1. We took a chance on him.

2. The Gerrard factor.

3. He's the big star here.

The main reason I think he stays is because he looks happy and can express himself here. He might look at what has happened to Grealish and remind him of his time at Barca.

That was an absolute masterclass. Haven't seen a Villa player dominate a game like that since Jack back in the championship. I love how he can work in close quarters and then 5 minutes later he is playing route 1 football running off a knock down from his striker. Should have never left the Prem he's at his best here. 

PC has a clear aim - to make the winter world cup squad - he is not going to jeopardise that aim in order to make a bit more money at a club which will not give him a guaranteed start every game with a manager that he feels less close to. He is Villa, and Villa are stronger than we've ever been for it. 

• Like 1

It’ll come down to his loyalty to Gerrard against the lure of Champions League football next season.

Im sure plenty of teams are watching his progress at Villa. 

would love to see him extend his stay though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It’ll come down to his loyalty to Gerrard against the lure of Champions League football next season.

No contest. He seems like the sort of bloke who's handshake can be put in the bank.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

it'll come down to the fact that he's already signed a contract specifying that he becomes a villa player for 30m if we wish to exercise that clause

• Like 2

Â