Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

well.

Shockingly enough, when you punt long balls to Buendia & Coutinho, like you are Burnely mk.2, it wont work well!

What a f****** shock!

so true, any player that hoofs the ball to these two shouldn't be on the pitch

I thought he wasn't bad today, he, Ramsey, and Mings probably the only three that you could say didn't have particularly poor games, maybe Buendia too. On the ball you could still see what a good player he is.

• Like 2

Having him and Buendia in the team and not playing in such a way as to bring them into the game is a capital offence. We are wasting a once in a generation player at Villa. Better damn hope he hasn’t got the choice to reject Villa in the summer…I’m almost embarrassed to have him when we play like that. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately this sort of thing was always inevitable. I just hope we don't end up simply rehabbing him, giving him his confidence to be old Phil, for another team, in the end.

Arsenal set for ‘talks’ as they bid to gazump Villa for Barca loanee

Arsenal set for 'talks' as they bid to gazump Aston Villa for Barca loanee (football365.com)

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unfortunately this sort of thing was always inevitable. I just hope we don't end up simply rehabbing him, giving him his confidence to be old Phil, for another team, in the end.

Arsenal set for 'talks' as they bid to gazump Aston Villa for Barca loanee (football365.com)

It's always the risk you take with loan players, if he does the business for the rest of the season, honestly, why would he stay? There's absolutely no doubt he's good enough to be playing in the CL, and we're not offering it to him. His friendship with Gerrard is only going to do so much

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the Gerrard factor is key in a world cup year. Also we need Man United to get their act together and get 4th spot. It's dangerous if Arsenal can nab it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

if he does, he does.

I think what Carragher said is right, fooled once, shame on them, fooled twice, shame on you.

I will hope he has more sense, than to make the same mistake twice.

• Like 3

Whats the point of a clause if Barca can back out of it? Its a rhetorical question, as know none of us know exactly the details of the contract. 

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's always the risk you take with loan players, if he does the business for the rest of the season, honestly, why would he stay? There's absolutely no doubt he's good enough to be playing in the CL, and we're not offering it to him. His friendship with Gerrard is only going to do so much

He's already played at the top... with Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern (on loan). Maybe he wants another challenge... and there is nothing more challenging than us! 

If he has a blinder and ends up elsewhere, i would feel like giving up! But as others have said, lets see how he plays first for the remainder of the season. 

One question is what will happen to his motivation after december. The world cup is likely the main reason he’s here, he has to play regular football to have a chance to play for Brazil. When that’s over, it’s possible his motivation to keep going isn’t there. He’s very rich and has already won champions league plus a dozen other trophies.

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Whats the point of a clause if Barca can back out of it? Its a rhetorical question, as know none of us know exactly the details of the contract. 

Barca cant back out of our clause but they can accept bids from other teams as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if he does, he does.

I think what Carragher said is right, fooled once, shame on them, fooled twice, shame on you.

I will hope he has more sense, than to make the same mistake twice.

He got it wrong it's:

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'

George Bush said so

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â