Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

By some minor miracle we've just signed the third most expensive footballer of all time and you guys are arguing about contract situations and how it's not a big signing before he's even kicked a ball? Jesus christ. Enjoy it. 

I’m so excited! Can’t wait to see him on the pitch! 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think this is correct. 

If the option is ours in the contract he would be in breach of contract if he didn't agree to it, it's an existing clause entirely up to us to exercise or not. 

He's ours if we want him. I've been to pretty much every home game since 1983 and I can't remember us ever signing a more high profile player.   Not even close for that matter.

McGrath was a big name but not on this level.  Same with Merson and Ginola but they were really fading stars and neither were formerly amongst the world's most expensive ever players. 

Bent? 

You name that bigger star.  No one comes even close. 

And all clubs DON’T have an option to buy, they have an option to make an offer and try to buy.  If we want him we just activate it and he's ours automatically.  

This is a full signing but only if WE want it to be. 

It's like sayin if we sign a player with a final year option we've not really signed him until we've activated the final years option which would be just silly.

If all this is true, and there's absolutely no reason for me to think it isn't, he's by far our biggest ever signing. 

Essentially, if we want him, he has to be ours? Sweet. I'm on the Brazilian Bandwagon. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

By some minor miracle we've just signed the third most expensive footballer of all time and you guys are arguing about contract situations and how it's not a big signing before he's even kicked a ball? Jesus christ. Enjoy it. 

Discussing contractual situations. No one is arguing here, everyone is excited, no one is playing down the quality of the player, everyone is appreciative of the work the club has done. 

The purpose of a forum is to discuss, I think. 

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think that’s how options to buy work. My understanding is he has effectively agreed a contract with us if we want to sign him.  So this loan period is almost like an audition. 

I could be wrong about that though.

Although I can't find the link at the mo, there's a Spanish reporter who stated that Barcelona and Coutinho both wanted to sign but Villa said no ..... they wanted the loan first as a means to check both his fitness (from recent injury) and his ability to fit back in at this level given that his form hasn't been great. The loan is in effect a trial and if he makes it then Villa WILL sign him but if he falls well short, the deal is off and he'll head home ...... or to Hartlepool or similar !

• Like 1

Coutinho has already won the Champions League, he has achieved this already.

Is it really a foregone conclusion he will leave if he has a good season and a CL team tries to sign him? Presumably that same CL team will be a different atmosphere with new egos, dynamics. It seems Coutinho needs to feel loved and confident, would he be spoken to jump if he is enjoying his football at Villa?

It just looks right the fit between Villa and Coutinho. Wishful thinking perhaps on my part....?

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I know we’ve all watched these to death, but this compilation of ten goals is phenomenal. Even scoring one of these is incredible never mind repeatedly scoring goals like this.

This is what star players do.  I know this conversation has also been done do death but it’s the reason why I never thought Jack was a 100m player.  You look at his goals scored at a top level and the only one that stands out is the one against United. 

Players like Coutinho scored them goals on a regular basis. 

Â