Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

10 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Assuming everyone is fit, I'd love Bailey on the Left, Emi on the right, Couts down the middle and Watkins up top.  That could/should be lethal.  Unfortunately this means Ramsey is most likely going to see his minutes significantly reduced (assuming Douglas and McGinn will be the other two in starting XI) but man, the squad we have now is significant.  All I need is some Hickey in my life now.  At this very second, when fit i'd roll out the below.

Watkins

Bailey         Couts             Buendia

Dougie        SJM

Targett  Mings Konsa     Cash

Yes I think that midfield is a bit weak unless you tweak it a bit and play Buendia in there with Bailey shifting to the right. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Signing at attack oriented player doesn't mean we wont sign a defense oriented one.

Players are not signed in order of importance. Especially not in January.

Just a polite reminder even thou I'm sure everyone already understands this.

It doesn't mean we will either.

Thank you for your reassurance, though....but you can't speak for everyone( thankfully), just yourself...and I appreciate your confidence.

but I hope you are right and my anxiety is unfounded.

We will wait an see, is probably the most accurate call, based on the links.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

So, don't you think they will run through the middle of that?.....who is going to challenge the runners, without Nakamba.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was genuinely asking your thoughts haha

I mean we have definitely dipped a bit since we lost Marvelous no doubt about it and I'd be all for bringing in some steel as you put it.  I think LB, CDM, CB before end of this window would be great, just not sure that will all happen until the Summer.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was genuinely asking your thoughts haha

I mean we have definitely dipped a bit since we lost Marvelous no doubt about it and I'd be all for bringing in some steel as you put it.  I think LB, CDM, CB before end of this window would be great, just not sure that will all happen until the Summer.  

On the contrary, I don't mind you disagreeing, thats how we all learn.

However, I think I have given my thoughts with more regularity than Karl Marx did to Communism.

I think you could be right,about the summer, hence my anxiety....maybe the ideal candidates are just not available.

I think we will have to settle, for quite a bit of inconsistency, if we don't, but Hey ho.....its the clubs call and I just have to wear it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

It reminds me of the Didier Six signing many years ago ? - I can't remember who he made his debut against ?  - Or the score ?  - Who will PC make his debut against :) ? 

Man U at home.....me thinks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Assuming everyone is fit, I'd love Bailey on the Left, Emi on the right, Couts down the middle and Watkins up top.  That could/should be lethal.  Unfortunately this means Ramsey is most likely going to see his minutes significantly reduced (assuming Douglas and McGinn will be the other two in starting XI) but man, the squad we have now is significant.  All I need is some Hickey in my life now.  At this very second, when fit i'd roll out the below.

Watkins

Bailey         Couts             Buendia

Dougie        SJM

Targett  Mings Konsa     Cash

I don’t see this happening. Our width now comes from our fullbacks. Coutinho and Buendia will both play number 10 narrowly behind Watkins or Ings. Bailey may change that when he’s back but I think he’ll be on from the bench for another while 

* just too add this also allows for three midfielders which I think we can’t play without. Two in the middle of that will see us get overrun 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 1

Bailey isn't an out and out winger, he will suit Gerrard's system just fine, also as has previously stated I'm not sure why people are obssesed with this idea that Gerrard only plays with two No.10s in the front three,

Ryan Kent is a winger when availabe he played every game for Rangers,

Roofe also sometimes played as a wide forward,

The two wide forwards play slightly narrower in Gerrard's system, but doesn't mean to say they're playing as No.10s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm late to the party, but had this been posted? I know we won't get this Courtinho, but he is capable.

We probably will if he can get his fitness and sharpness back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

controversial - but I dont see a way back for horuhaine  now ?

Hourihane is world class mate, he will work his way back in to the first 11, especially after we get him signed up to a new 100k a week, 5 year contract.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Bailey isn't an out and out winger, he will suit Gerrard's system just fine, also as has previously stated I'm not sure why people are obssesed with this idea that Gerrard only plays with two No.10s in the front three,

Ryan Kent is a winger when availabe he played every game for Rangers,

Roofe also sometimes played as a wide forward,

The two wide forwards play slightly narrower in Gerrard's system, but doesn't mean to say they're playing as No.10s.

I am not dismissing formations, at all....but for me its more about the player giving his all and winning his battles/duels.....do that and we have a real chance in games.

Our ability, is not that bad, its the willingness to run and move, maybe crosses could be better quality.....but we need to work harder at times.

Some games we do and others we tail off....its that elusive consistency we strive for.

Ps Alex Feguson........ Hard work will always overcome natural talent, when natural talent doesn't work hard enough.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â