Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

Given the Daily Mails record of reporting anything I'd say he's soon to be a Newcastle player.

Having not read it I'll happily assume the article was 10% us signing Coutinho and 90% ranting that English players are being held back by another foreigner joining and surely Brexit means Brexit? 

Daily Mail surprisingly called Bailey one right

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats very true of course. But there must some cost/benefit analysis - if we are to be a well run club. Even if the benefits are direct in terms of league placing/Europe qualification of course.

I totally agree, but I'm letting our past 'nearly' transfer disappointments dictate my emotions on this. 😂

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Mike Ashley has run them on profit for years.

They are allowed to spend much more than we are by FFP.

We're drifting off topic but I get they can spend but I doubt they will out spend what we have simply because of where they are geographically and they might be in the championship. To compete above us they need players and a manager that will not go there for years to come.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

The icing on the cake would be if it was also announced that VP now has the ability to fill beer from the bottom of the glass 

Actually thinking about it - he wouldn't be coming unless we had that - good times.

Aston Villa and FC Barcelona have agreed terms for Philippe Coutinho to spend the rest of this season on loan at Villa Park.

The agreement, which is subject to the player completing a medical and receiving a work permit, also includes an option to buy and Philippe will travel to Birmingham in the next 48 hours.

• Like 2

Aston Villa and FC Barcelona have agreed terms for Philippe Coutinho to spend the rest of this season on loan at Villa Park.

The agreement, which is subject to the player completing a medical and receiving a work permit, also includes an option to buy and Philippe will travel to Birmingham in the next 48 hours.

Well that rules out Monday night then :lol:

Â