New Music 2022

bickster

Just now, villa4europe said:

nah black guy, I'm guessing with the rest of cast in there he's someone significant too

Yeah as I said in the edit I haven't watched it yet - I just automatically think of him when face tattoos are mentioned.

Totally missed that there was a new Honningbarna album out in January. It's a bit different to their previous stuff but still very much them.

• Like 1

Lalalar.

Traditionally the Ankara authorities didn't get on with Turkey's Psych community.

Don't understand a word of this, and I hope this album isn't pro Erdogan or anything because I really like it.

• Thanks 1

On 17/05/2022 at 16:55, Xann said:

Lalalar.

Traditionally the Ankara authorities didn't get on with Turkey's Psych community.

Don't understand a word of this, and I hope this album isn't pro Erdogan or anything because I really like it.

Really like this. Thanks for sharing. A fan of Altin Gun, so nice to find some more Turkish psych. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@VillaAlex - The Lalalar dropped on the doormat a couple of days ago, and unsurprisingly sounded loads better than the streamed services.

Then scanning through some new releases yesterday, this album by the Şatellites came up...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This has been released today and just currently listening to it at the moment. A real class mix of black metal, jazz and post rock. Almost feels like a direction Shining (Nor) could have taken to a degree. Stunning. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Was listening to their last album the other day. Was like a Cure album but far more doomy and simultaneously more punky. Very unusual sound they have, and it works well once you've adjusted to it.

This track seems pretty good on first listen - mad, but good.

• Like 1