New Music 2022

bickster

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

whilst I could take or leave Fontaines DC,  their limited edition picture disc looks amazing!

They never work like they should do, I have one by Melody's Echo Chamber, it's a piece of card rather than on the disc itself but you have to view it through your phones camera. Utter pants, never worked and I believe thats a very common issue

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Playing my neck of the woods this summer. Struggling to convince the missus though... not really her thing

Same with my wife, funnily enough, but I sold her on the strength/spectacle of their live show (and their cover of Maniac) and she ended up loving it.  Didn't kickstart any nascent love of synthwave in her (she won't accompany me to Perturbator) but she'd happily see Carpenter Brut again given the chance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Same with my wife, funnily enough, but I sold her on the strength/spectacle of their live show (and their cover of Maniac) and she ended up loving it.  Didn't kickstart any nascent love of synthwave in her (she won't accompany me to Perturbator) but she'd happily see Carpenter Brut again given the chance.

I've used the "spectacle" thing twice and gotten away with it (Kraftwerk and Rammstein), not sure it'll work again unfortunately 😆

• Haha 1

The last track of the Carpenter Brut album features angry shouting from the singer of Tribulation. I saw Tribulation support Ghost, and their guitarist Jonathan Hultén (who also did some work with Crippled Black Phoenix) was possibly the most captivating stage performer I've ever seen - I mean we're talking wraith-like ballet movements whilst playing guitar. Amazing stuff.

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The last track of the Carpenter Brut album features angry shouting from the singer of Tribulation. I saw Tribulation support Ghost, and their guitarist Jonathan Hultén (who also did some work with Crippled Black Phoenix) was possibly the most captivating stage performer I've ever seen - I mean we're talking wraith-like ballet movements whilst playing guitar. Amazing stuff.

Sadly he's left Tribulation. But fully agree.

His solo stuff is a bit different

And so wet leg... 😉

It'll be the most hyped debut album this year and they'll do well

Its alright, bit like yard act it's a sign that I'm old, it's better than half the new hyped stuff thats come out in the last couple of years but I can't shake off that it's a bit like the vaccines, I like it, I'll have some mates who will love it and have it on everytime I see them (prime bbq background album) I'd be happy in snobs with it on but in 2 years I wont be listening to it anymore 

• Like 1