New Music 2022

bickster

27 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Too much new music today... Ozzy, Lonely Robot, Porcupine Tree, Coheed and Cambria... So much stuff.

Feeeeeeccccckkkkkk I totally forgot the new Porcupine Tree was today!  Next on the agenda, then...

9 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Feeeeeeccccckkkkkk I totally forgot the new Porcupine Tree was today!  Next on the agenda, then...

It's as you'd expect - immaculately produced, mind-blowing musicianship, clever time signatures and some catchy bits here and there. Probably a grower but it's not obviously anything new or different from them on first listen which is a shame.

The Coheed and Cambria album is a barnstormer though right from the outset. Although I wish they'd lay off the autotune a bit...

Oh, and Ozzy's new single? It's another little gem. Very Ozzy and very silly and very fun. His voice does sound a tad... odd in places. I suspect there has been a fair amount of fixing. Enjoyable though.

• 1 month later...
On 24/08/2022 at 13:31, Milfner said:

New Arctic Monkeys album in a couple months

based on the first track it sounds like its going to be a grower rather than an instant banger

thats a weird song, i think it follows on from the last album but they've said this album doesnt - i dont mind that, it took me a while but i do like the last album

they've also been playing another new song at various festivals over the last couple of weeks but i've heard snippets from phones out the crowd and not bothered much with it

more importantly they're playing thats where your wrong as part of their live set! love that song, they also played potion approaching at reading but i can take or leave that, saw them 3 times on their last tour and loved it, they're a brilliant band, biggest one going IMO so im buzzing for the new album