New Music 2022

bickster

Actively losing track of the stuff coming up that I'm after at the mo; I think the new Zeal & Ardor's dropped, there's a new ASIWYFA on the way, I still haven't sat down with that there new Cult Of Luna, new Carpenter Brut on the way, got round to the new Nordic Giants this week (very nice), new El Ten Eleven, new 65dos, first full-length Scalping album's been announced (super looking forward to that one), new NYOS, Rolo Tomassi, A Place To Bury Strangers... absolute feast at the moment.

• Like 2

On 12/02/2022 at 23:29, GarethRDR said:

Hoooooo-leeeeee shiiiieeeet...

...technically, this is one of the filler tracks.

Omg Yes GIFs | Tenor

Just to bump this and say having given the new Zeal & Ardor a few more spins, this is a **** phenomenal album. A real modern metal masterpiece. All the singles released were great but the album is just excellent. Anyone of metal orientation should listen to it. Wow.

The Cult Of Luna is also really cool but not given enough time yet. Probably a little glad that my copy of the new Rolo Tomassi has delayed a little to give me some time later to listen to it. Still got to give the Napalm Death EP/mini album(?) a spin as well!

• Like 3

On 06/01/2022 at 15:35, Seat68 said:

I have a Darren Hayman album coming on vinyl, Home Time. I haven't bought anything by him since 2007 and he has released 18 albums since then. I had a blast of a few tracks from Home Time and it was enough for me to buy it. Not looking to fill the other gaps though as he is way too prolific for that. 

I love Darren Hayman, I bought four of his paintings of birds last year as well. Talented lad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

He is multi talented. I like his paintings slot. 

One of the videos to his Thanksful Villages songs was filmed in our village. Before we lived here, but weird seeing all the neighbours in it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

New material from Sonic Youth in a couple of weeks, an EP In/Out/In . 

5 tracks, 40 or so minutes long all for £2.49 on iTunes - bargain! 

I haven't been following them too closely since the split but does this mean that Thurston and Kim have buried the hatchet, or are these tracks from the vault?

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I haven't been following them too closely since the split but does this mean that Thurston and Kim have buried the hatchet, or are these tracks from the vault?

It appears it’s an EP of rare instrumental jams from the 2000s. I think this is in place of a few blown reunion.

• Like 1