New Music 2022

bickster

Just now, Designer1 said:

I think it's the vinyl that gets released in July @choffer :thumb:

CD in February.

Its a highly annoying trend in music

I bought a Pop Group CD a couple of months back because the vinyl isn't out until sometime this year and I wasn't waiting that long.

34 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I think it's the vinyl that gets released in July @choffer :thumb:

CD in February.

Yep. That’s exactly it. I don’t think it had occurred to me that different formats would have different release dates. As Bicks says, very annoying but I guess the good news is at least I get to hear it next month. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Yep. That’s exactly it. I don’t think it had occurred to me that different formats would have different release dates. As Bicks says, very annoying but I guess the good news is at least I get to hear it next month. 

Its because there is an actual shortage of vinyl pressing plants, slots in the plants are booked up almost a year in advance, it's becoming a huge problem.

• Thanks 1

so, my mate’s lads band in New Zealand, Powder Chutes have released their first EP at the ages of 15…

I don’t know what anyone else was doing at 15 but I wasn’t capable of doing anything like this 🤣

it’s available on most platforms such as iTunes, Spotify and Bandcamp. 

Please give them a listen and if you can spare a couple of quid for the digital download (shameless plug!) 

https://powderchutes.bandcamp.com/album/sweet-noise-pollution-ep

• Like 3

A few new ones

Ghost - Call Me Little Sunshine. Not bad but maybe requires a few listens. 

Zeal & Ardor - Church Burns. New album out next month and looking forward to it. 

Hammerfall ft. King Diamond - Venerate Me. Pretty cool power metal but more reminds me that we need the new King Diamond album soon...

Spotted this as well, features Deafheaven's singer and is er... "avant grade" for sure... Isamaya Ffrench (?) is the other half of the collective but she certainly sounds good

And finally, new Boris album out today "W". Wata on vocals so going to be a lot more chilled than "No" but still sounding good from previews. About to give it a spin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...