Midweek Football 27/29 December

andykeenan

Just now, Zatman said:

If we win our 2 games in hand we are 7th

Well Spurs showed today having about 20 games in hand dosen't matter if you can't beat 10 men.

I think thing here is Leicester get this shock win, then rattle 4-5 past Norwich and then beat whoever they play next away and suddenly it's 31 points and real momentum in their season with a few injured players to come back.

Whereas a loss and they're stuck with 22 points and full of self doubt.

Reminds me of last season when people were willing likes of Everton to constantly beat the big teams....and then wondering why we couldn't finish above them despite getting 56 points.

We have no chance whatsoever of finishing above Liverpool obviously (and they aren't finishing above Man. City). We do have a decent chance of finishing above Leicester so the fanboy support on here has surprised me.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Well Spurs showed today having about 20 games in hand dosen't matter if you can't beat 10 men.

I think thing here is Leicester get this shock win, then rattle 4-5 past Norwich and then beat whoever they play next away and suddenly it's 31 points and real momentum in their season with a few injured players to come back.

Whereas a loss and they're stuck with 22 points and full of self doubt.

Reminds me of last season when people were willing likes of Everton to constantly beat the big teams....and then wondering why we couldn't finish above them despite getting 56 points.

We have no chance whatsoever of finishing above Liverpool obviously (and they aren't finishing above Man. City). We do have a decent chance of finishing above Leicester so the fanboy support on here has surprised me.

Crucially, who you want to see win on TV has no bearing on the result

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hi Jurgen

I mean, 10 seconds isn't going to make a difference when they've **** about for 95 minutes, but I'd be pretty pissed off if it happened for us. The ball went out of play several times in stoppage time, and he still ended it early. **** Liverpool, and all that, but operating a stopwatch isn't that hard. 

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Same as last season then. No one wants to finish top half on here.:ph34r:

As OBE just said in the Liverpool thread they can't afford to do that, they have to keep winning or city will run away with it, us and Leicester in the middle of the table will chop and change another 10 times by the end of May

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, 10 seconds isn't going to make a difference when they've **** about for 95 minutes, but I'd be pretty pissed off if it happened for us. The ball went out of play several times in stoppage time, and he still ended it early. **** Liverpool, and all that, but operating a stopwatch isn't that hard. 

It did happen to us the other night.  Not that we’d have done anything but there was at least a minute and half between Konsa’s foul and Jorginho scoring the pen.  Ref still blew bang on 94 mins. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is the 30th December going to be another midweek football or part of the weekend? I, for one, can't wait to fimd out.

Whatever the outcome it will be the wrong one. 

<keenanmustgo>

<bankeenan>

30 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes they really defended well which was a surprise really. 

They learned their lesson from the cup game. Playing like a non-league side shitting themselves cos they were in front at Anfield was never going to work.

Leicester defended really well and still they had some last ditch stuff, some good saves, mane missed the chance that he has to take and salah missed the penalty, thought Liverpool also had a lot of headers from corners that they should have done a lot better with 

On another day Liverpool score 3 or 4

And again that's with Leicester defending well... 

There can't be any moaning from klopp, it was just one of those nights, unfortunately for him man City vert rarely have them and that's the problem 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Substitutes: Arrizabalaga, Alonso, Kante, Chalobah, Saul, Barkley, Ziyech, Havertz, Sarr.

The struggle continues.

Down to the bare bones. 

That foul against Lamptey on Reece James there looked awfully similar to Salah’s on Mings the other week. Of course, Salah got a penalty out of it while Lamptey was (correctly) told to pull the other one.

• Like 2

Â