Midweek Football 27/29 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

VAR does not, the people in the VAR room do. Same referees who ref the games, which is so dumb.

VAR is the people watching the videos. Video Assistant Referee.

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

Watching Norwich is just painful, they are finished. 

They are a poor team, but they don't even look like they are trying lately. My issue with Smith was, I felt he was never really a great motivator. If this is right, it's showing with this Norwich side.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

VAR does not, the people in the VAR room do. Same referees who ref the games, which is so dumb.

I know this is one really for the VAR thread but why was it even needed bad refs are bad because they don’t understand football, seeing it again on tv doesn’t make there decisions any better. I’m firmly in the camp of football wasn’t broken and was actually doing ok before VAR and with VAR the product had got so much worse

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They are a poor team, but they don't even look like they are trying lately. My issue with Smith was, I felt he was never really a great motivator. If this is right, it's showing with this Norwich side.

The Newcastle game was the turning point.

Was inexcusable not taking advantage of 11 vs 10.

Just now, sne said:

VAR is the people watching the videos. Video Assistant Referee.

Okay more detail just for you. The technology is good and works. The people who control it (referees) are still useless.

Good players make good football decisions

Bad referees make bad VAR decisions.

Okay more detail just for you. The technology is good and works. The people who control it (referees) are still useless.

Good players make good football decisions

Bad referees make bad VAR decisions.

Oh absolutely, I'm all for capturing video and broadcasting it. 

But I don't think one can say that VAR works as long as you can't trust the people behind it, be it FIFA, UEFA, various FA's or the refs in the video booths. It could potentially be a good thing, it isn't thou.

And I'm still of they view that the problems before where so big that the potential upside with VAR justifies the downsides but that's subjective so each to their own.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Oh absolutely, I'm all for capturing video and broadcasting it. 

But I don't think one can say that VAR works as long as you can't trust the people behind it, be it FIFA, UEFA, various FA's or the refs in the video booths. It could potentially be a good thing, it isn't thou.

And I'm still of they view that the problems before where so big that the potential upside with VAR justifies the downsides but that's subjective so each to their own.

Agree, but it says it all when it worked in the Euros and the world cup. Started to look okay when we came back from the World cup, but reverted back to shite, being that our Refs are still the problem.

• Like 1

Agree, but it says it all when it worked in the Euros and the world cup. Started to look okay when we came back from the World cup, but reverted back to shite, being that our Refs are still the problem.

Yeah they are a huge part of it. It works less terrible in other leagues. 

• Like 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Very soft decision in favour for Watford there, that goal should have stood. Yet again poor VAR decision. 

Soft? It's a blatant foul, he just kicks the player to dispossess him and doesnt get anywhere near the ball.

Â