V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

23 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

May have already been mentioned but I assume the City Group will be made to reduce their stake in Girona the same way we had to with Vitoria now they’re both in the UCL, or do the rules only apply to certain clubs?

Well i would imagine if they dont our owners will be writing to uefa demanding a explanation

26 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

May have already been mentioned but I assume the City Group will be made to reduce their stake in Girona the same way we had to with Vitoria now they’re both in the UCL, or do the rules only apply to certain clubs?

Pretty sure the rules conveniently changed 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully means some top Brazilian talent coming to us via Vitoria 😉

Pretty sure changes around work permits mean that they wouldn’t even need to come via Vitoria any more as long they’re old enough! 

I remember being excited about signing our first Brazilian a few years back, the legend of Wesley! 

Edited by villan-scott

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So if V sports invest in them, can they buy Coutinho as part of some FFP deal? Like with actual money, not just giving him away for free. 

Don't Barca have a 50% sell on clause for Coutinho?  We're never making a profit on him, better just to get his wages off the books.

45 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

This may very well be good for Villa. But my god it’s bad and depressing for football. A world famous institution bought to be a feeder club for a club 9,000km away. Absolutely grim. 

Multi-club ownerships should be banned, pretty much optimises everything that is wrong with modern football. 

The naive me kind of hopes that it will see success for any of our "feeder" clubs too. City group have a mix of teams, some that they've gutted and sunk down the tiers, and others that are now having their most successful ever period.

I'd hope we find a way to improve all the clubs we link up with. Mutually beneficial kind of way.

Imagine sending some of our youth players off to Brazil to learn from them,  and them sending some of their youths to us to learn the Emery ways. Some make the switch permanently, some take back what they've learned, everyone's a winner.

Vasco have the potential to make a lot of money so presumably they'll be hoping they're successful.

If done properly, I'm not sure it's grim, but I don't know if we'll do it properly.

Was looking at Vasco's highest sales, and they don't seem to make a lot of big sales to European teams.  They've sold Andrey Santos to Chelsea recently whos' highly rated, but other than Luiz, there aren't a lot of their players performing at a high level in Europe.

Posted (edited)

A nice club to link up with but it is quite amusing thinking of the uproar on here if Newcastle did this to get Almiron off their books 😁

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 2

Just now, villarule123 said:

A nice club to link up with but it is quite amusing thinking of the uproar on here if Newcastle did this to get Almiron off their books 😁

If you can't beat them, join them 😉

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

If you can't beat them, join them 😉

Well yeah, that's always how it's worked. I do find it very depressing how corrupt and money driven the game is now. Wish we would hurry up and win the Prem & CL so I can go and follow a less corrupt sport instead! 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Hypocrisy doth know no bounds.

Just look at all the clamour for "Digne to go to Saudi Arabia".

Â