V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

13 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just reading Vasco Da Gamma are being sold off by 777 partners (with Liverpool apparently interested)… they’ve been linked with Coutihno also, they begin with V so a cheeky bid from us to join the stable at V - Sports 

V Sports from Aston Villa is one of those interested in buying 777's stake in Vasco's SAF

Vasco fan channels are claiming that V Sports holds an interest. Absolutely no idea of the reliability.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Vasco fan channels are claiming that V Sports holds an interest. Absolutely no idea of the reliability.

This is the company that he said was his source. 

wiki says 777 bought 70% of them for $330m, that seems like mental money to me

payet and medel are there but they're bang average after relegations, got a small stadium (plus share the maracana) not sure where the value is

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

payet and medel are there but they're bang average after relegations, got a small stadium (plus share the maracana) not sure where the value is

The stake itself was apparently sold for $137m, which although still very high seems to be less nuts

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It is high, a lot of money. But building a thriving, PL level academy within Brazil could literally be a gold mine for the entire group.

Also worth noting that Brazil is considered an emerging world market and with the correct leadership is likely to thrive in future decades. Coupled with their currency being 33% down since the pandemic vs the USD it could be the opportune time to purchase.

• Like 1

I can't remember the exact quotes but when we bought a stake in Vitoria their Chairman said we as in Villa, have an academy in Senegal, Egypt, and it will have one in South America, so seems an area we're looking at, which is one way where the link up with Vitoria might come in handy, as any player coming from América Meridional might find it easier to transition to Europe if doing so via Portugal, of course looks like we're signing Colombian U17 international John Edwin Montano but seems he's coming straight to us

https://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-looking-strategic-alliance-la-liga-club-identify-side-currently-11th-league/

Aston Villa looking for ‘strategic alliance’ with La Liga club – Identify side, currently 11th in league

Efforts to curb the growth of multi-club models haven’t really worked and given the advantages those systems bring, it is no surprise that a growing number of ambitious football clubs are looking to build their own version of it.

Aston Villa’s owners currently have connections with Vitoria de Guimaraes, and there’s also a relationship with Spanish club Real Union, which is largely thanks to the Emery family.

Now they’re looking higher up the Spanish football tree and wanting to secure a ‘strategic alliance’ with a La Liga side. Diario De Noticias say they’ve heard from sources who are familiar with Aston Villa’s plans and efforts and have found out they’ve identified Osasuna as an option.

There’s no indication of the type of relationship they’re wanting or how far any talks about that potential link-up have gone so far.

Osasuna are currently 11th in La Liga with a game to go, so it doesn’t seem like a bad club for Aston Villa to work with. They were founded in 1920 and their stadium holds just under 24k.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wasn't 70 percent bought by 777 partners for like 330 mill in 2022? Christ how much money do you pay for a stake? 😲

In fairness, Brazilian league is huge! 210mn football obsessed people. Top teams make a lot of money 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

In fairness, Brazilian league is huge! 210mn football obsessed people. Top teams make a lot of money 

Guess I'm also forgetting they have financial backing from Atairos!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Vasco would be great addition and a real tap to real talent. Whenever i think of Vasco I always remember Edmundo , what crazy player

Smart move. With link ups between Vasco, Vitoria and Villa that's a good network and bases for scouting and player development. 

Pathway for players from Brazil to Portugal to England.

• Like 2

May have already been mentioned but I assume the City Group will be made to reduce their stake in Girona the same way we had to with Vitoria now they’re both in the UCL, or do the rules only apply to certain clubs?

6 hours ago, pete101 said:

Vasco would be great addition and a real tap to real talent. Whenever i think of Vasco I always remember Edmundo , what crazy player

This is such a brilliant shout! 

Â