Pre-match thread

ender4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s probably as weak a city team you can realistically get to be honest. Still a quality team of course. 

Quite a bold line up by us.

I'm happy with that team but bold? 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You would have hammered Smith for making these changes to a winning team.  Funny guy.

He's still working on a new angle. Give it time.

It'll be someone popular like Ramsey or Watkins.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't agree with that at all. 

Ramsey has been sensational. 

Then again this may be down to fatigue? 

I think that you hit the nail on the head. Don't burn out the younger players.

It may be the same with Young. How do you drop him when he played so well on Saturday? Don't burn out the older players.

It might have been different if it weren't a midweek game sandwiched between two weekend games...

Just now, TomC said:

It may be the same with Young. How do you drop him when he played so well on Saturday? Don't burn out the older players.

It might have been different if it weren't a midweek game sandwiched between two weekend games...

Don’t burn out anyone!

We have better strength in depth now and can afford to do it, which is great

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Opinions vary but for my money, if all are fit and in form, this is our best starting 11 for quite some time.

There’s quality across the pitch - we aren’t looking at the sheet going ‘Grealish and Emi and everyone else’ 

• Like 1

Apart from winning (ok then I'd take a point) my one wish is Gresford comes on with five minutes left, and Marvelous sends him off on a stretcher two minutes after.

• Like 1

I don't think JJ on the bench is anything against him or his performance. Purely tactical IMO.

I like the fact that he seems to be willing to vary the team, going by opposition.

It also makes everybody in the squad feel they can get a chance at any time.

JJ is still young as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Im sure i read a quote from Gerrard about young after the game at the weekend which said something along the lines of "he was brilliant but we have to remember how much football we have in December and be aware how much his body can cope with".  I took that as Gerrard saying Young can't cope with playing a Saturday then a Wednesday