Pre-match thread

ender4

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Just saw a stat that no villa manager has ever won their first three games. That can't be right surely? 

Also on a stats front...

"Manchester City have won their last 15 Premier League games played on a Wednesday, scoring 36 goals and conceding just six."

Well....shit. 

Stat one is correct, Gregory being the only other to win the first two. 

Stat two is frightening but unsurprising given their dominance in recent times. All good runs come to an end though, don’t they?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

This is the "leaked" City team from their forum:

Ederson 
Cancelo    Dias    Ake     Zinchenko
  Fernandinho Rodri Bernardo 
   Mahrez      Jesus       Sterling

It's still a ridiculously good side on paper. 

As in all matches against this lot, I just want us to perform as well as we can (on & off the ball), no stupid mistakes that cost us a goal (let them earn it) and basically, not get battered!

Oh and not being p***** off with the ref or VAR would be nice too!

Yeah that team is not a weak team. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Perhaps we can hope that as a second string they may not quite be match sharp, despite their undoubted talent?

Think we need to be right at them and be aggressive from the off. Let's test their resolve. 

Bailey up against Zinchenko maybe. Have to try and buzz around Fernandinho too. The rest have had quite a bit of first team action despite the Man City fan panic.

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah that team is not a weak team. 

Every one of those displaces every one of our first team. Maybe except Ake and Ederson. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sickening feeling about this one. 

Yep. My prediction is 5-1 to city and villa fans fighting amongst themselves in the stands because of their different attitudes to the return of Jack Grealish. Can't imagine its going to be a fun night, still going along though out of pure masochism 

I predict....carnage! 3-2 Villa.  Gerrard to get red carded for tripping up JG as he's coming on and then slapping Pep around the face. Luiz to come on and net a hattrick before signing a 5 year deal and getting a Villa tattoo.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I predict....carnage! 3-2 Villa.  Gerrard to get red carded for tripping up JG as he's coming on and then slapping Pep around the face. Luiz to come on and net a hattrick before signing a 5 year deal and getting a Villa tattoo.

I might ask Paddy Power what odds they’d offer on this.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We’re all realistic enough to expect nothing from this fixture. The game at their place last season was the best we’ve done against them in a long time. Thats how i gauge this fixture now, just by how much of a game we can give them.

Their fanbase despise us (feelings mutual lads) and think we should just surrender our top players to them because they are so high and mighty. Yes well done, you cheated football and brought the best of everything. Its such a great footballing fairytale story. Scruffy manc c*nts.

Some clubs in worse off positions to us may understandably feel that Villa is doing exactly the same thing, we just haven't hit their spending numbers (yet) but we have only been at it 3 years.