Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/11/21 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wasn’t excited this morning

Was excited when I sat in the ground

Game was mixed, really good first ten minutes, similar 70 minutes to what we’ve seen recently, excellent final 10 minutes.

Delighted for Gerrard on a first win and at home.  Couldn’t really take much from the game and as I said before if he won or lost I wouldn’t make a judgement based on one game.  What I will say is his subs made the difference in the game.

I’m feeling more enthused this evening about him, probably because of the win.

He does have a lot of work to do, there are many issues with this team as he would’ve seen.

Pretty much how I seen it as well. I think performance was a 6/10 overall not that much different than Southampton game but thankfully still room for improvement 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

The team showed what in my opinion is the most important things to see in the first game under the new management: Effort and commitment.

On this evidence the squad seem to have bought in 100% to this regime which will give it the best possible chance of success. Even the players who didn't play particularly well (mainly Buendia) seemed to be trying really **** hard.

Hopefully we can see them get back on that upward trajectory we were on.

In fairness except Di Matteo every Villa manager has got that from the opening game. Remi Garde drew with City. Needs to be the same attitude weekly

• Like 1

It was a weird game i thought, we definitely allowed them to have posession in some area's as Gerrard has indicated but we are too slow in moving the ball out from the back for my liking, the passes need to be quicker.

That was such a big 3 points though so not complaining. We looked so much better when Buedia left the scene.

As for the Ref!!! I mean seriously?

16 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well today proved again he can't. Central or nowhere for me which is a problem for Ings

You know his goal came from a position where he would be playing on the wing. I agree he can improve, and he will. Nice problem to have

• Like 1

Very pleased with the start, although my stream was dogshit for the second half.  Martinez seemed much more focussed today having been off the boil for a while imo as well as reverting to the first choice back 4 helped.  Too many times we suffered a soft setback or conceded straight after scoring so hopefully that's changing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

No I am happy we won.

Finally got something to believe in and get behind.

Mate we were shit and nicked a win against a shit team that knows how to defend and control the ball but nothing else. Look at the possession stats. You would have been all over that if we won this game under smith. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate we were shit and nicked a win against a shit team that knows how to defend and control the ball but nothing else. Look at the possession stats. You would have been all over that if we won this game under smith. Complete troll that has basically ruined this forum. 

They created very, very little.

We looked organized and in a good shape.

Miles difference from Smith where we looked like concede every time we lost the ball.

No we weren't flee flowing, not at all. But we grafted. Stayed in the game. Do that and you are always giving yourself a chance. West Ham done it so many times under Moyes.

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They created very, very little.

We looked organized and in a good shape.

Miles difference from Smith where we looked like concede every time we lost the ball.

No we weren't flee flowing, not at all. But we grafted. Stayed in the game. Do that and you are always giving yourself a chance. West Ham done it so many times under Moyes.

So totally ignore what we were and only focus on what we became. Smith had to go. But you dismissed him from day one. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Was a bit of a nothing game but credit to Stevie G he made the correct subs and we opened up and showed our class in the last 10.

For those who were pining after potter Brighton look exactly the same as last year namely neat and tidy with a good shape but f**k all upfront.

Big win, clean sheet. The midfield is still not good enough but you can see the confidence coming back into the team and lets look forward to the winter fixture period.

Â